Mexican bread is very healthy; it is considered a treatment for those who suffer from obesity. It helps face recovery after exhausting times and eliminates wrinkles in their initial stages. If you stuff it with vegetables and some spices, such as ginger, then over time, if you continue to eat it, it will help in reducing body fat in the abdominal and the hips.
There are many types of Mexican bread that can be used for different kinds of dishes, such as pizzas, sandwiches, and stuffed rolls. Tortilla bread is one of these famous types of Mexican bread, and it is a thin, circular-shaped bread that is used to make sandwiches, such as fajitas, for example. You can use any type of filling you want with tortilla bread. Below is how to make special Mexican bread variations.
For everyone who wants to get rid of excess weight without being on any diet, in the style of the people of Latin America, 1 ml bread is mixed with crocus paste and is unique in sharing the starch with the flour equally in the amounts, along with vegetable butter and ice water, which helps to spread thin dough with filling.
It can be stuffed with several items, whether vegetables, grains, meat, or the offerings of the sea and rivers. When you eat a loaf of crispy bread, you feel as if you are listening to samba music and watching the tango and lambada dance. This is a 40-minute recipe that is enough for two people.
- 250 grams of flour.
- 250 grams of cornstarch.
- 200 grams of very ice water.
- 50 grams of vegetable butter.
- A teaspoon of turmeric.
- A pinch of fine salt.
- Prepare with a balance of all the raw materials in the quantities.
- Then, using your hand, mix the ingredients together and knead it until it becomes a soft, cohesive dough.
- The secret of kneading by hand instead of using an electric mixer is that the kneading of any dough absorbs any heat that the palm of the hand touches during kneading.
- Its temperature will be 28 to 29 degrees Celsius, and this is the ideal temperature that almost all doughs need.
- After kneading, try to remove the air from the dough by pressing some parts.
- Form a straight ball as shown in the picture, cover it and leave it for 20 minutes to rest from the kneading strokes by hand.
- Then, take it and roll it into the shape of a snake.
- Then, cut it at 85 grams per piece.
- Try to make smooth balls for each piece.
- Then, try to shape the pieces into circles using our fingers first.
- Then, using a rolling pin and a little starch, open a circle with a height of 1 mm.
- Place it on a plate of food and cut off the excess visible from the outside of the plate with a sharp knife.
- Remove the dish and remove excess.
- Using anything, take the piece and put it in a plastic bag.
- In this way, repeat the steps until you finish all the dough balls, then place them on something straight and flat and put them in the refrigerator.
- Fill the quesadilla bread in the shape of a half-moon or fill the whole loaf, then cover it with whatever your heart desires.
- Brown the stuffed bread in a frying pan or on a grill and turn it over after levelling it on the other side.
- In Mexico, after it is cooked and cooked, they serve it with chilli sauce and yoghurt mixed with garlic.
This is one of the most famous Mexican bread types. It is now spread almost all over the world. Tortilla bread contains about 120 calories per 38 grams and contains 2.5 grams of fat, 19 grams of carbohydrates, and only one gram of sugar, so it is a healthy and low-calorie type of bread.
- 1 kilogram of flour.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 10 grams baking powder.
- 3 tablespoons oil.
- Hot water.
- Knead all the ingredients well for five minutes until it is a soft dough that almost sticks to the hand, as in the picture, then leave it to rest for ten minutes.
- Then, cut the dough, and each piece is made round to look like a ball.
- Roll out each dough on a surface sprinkled with flour until you get a circular shape and a very thin thickness.
- Sprinkle it with flour and arrange them on top of each other with flour between them until the quantity is finished.
- Then cook them in a very hot pan over medium heat and do not leave them to brown to use them again over the fire.
The Bolillos bread contains about 135 calories per 45 grams. It contains 5 gr of fat, 25 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of fibre and only one gram of sugar, so it is also a healthy and low-calorie type of bread.
- 500 grams of flour.
- 10 grams of instant yeast.
- 10 grams of sugar (1 tablespoon).
- 5 grams of salt (1 teaspoon).
- 100 grams of olive oil (half a cup).
- 250 grams of warm water.
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce.
- 1 small chopped green pepper.
- 1 small chopped green olive.
- In a bowl, add the flour, yeast and sugar, then add the oil and rub it by hand or with a kneading machine, then add the salt.
- Add the warm water gradually, and depending on the type of flour, you may not need all the water to produce a soft and smooth dough.
- Then add a spoonful of tomato sauce and knead well until the sauce mixes with the dough and becomes one colour.
- Add the green pepper and olives.
- Cover the dough in a warm place until it ferments and doubles in size.
- Empty the gas and cut it into small balls of approximately 60 grams.
- Roll them out with your hands in a rectangular shape and roll them like a cylinder.
- Make sure to close the end well.
- Brush with egg yolk, and then you can sprinkle some sesame if you like.
- Leave aside for ten minutes and bake in a hot oven until golden.
Tortilla de Maíz
Mexican Tortilla de Maíz, or cornbread, is a simple, sweet and spicy cornbread made with corn, honey, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno peppers.
- 3/4 cup milk or yoghurt.
- 1/4 cup honey.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 1 cup of yellow corn flour.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Half a cup of unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled.
- 1 package of creamy corn.
- Half a jalapeno pepper, chopped and seeded.
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Preheat the oven to medium heat, then put baking paper inside a tray and set aside.
- Pour the milk into a measuring cup, then whisk the honey and eggs with it.
- In a separate large bowl, mix flour, cornflour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the milk mixture with the flour mixture until combined, then add the melted butter, corn, jalapeno, and half a cup of cheese.
- While not over-mixing, pour into the tray and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or by inserting a toothpick in the centre, and it comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
- Cut it into squares and serve warm with a little butter if desired.
Oat Tortilla Bread
Another healthy and delicious recipe for Mexican bread. Learn about the preparation steps and serve tortilla bread for breakfast or dinner with delicious and distinctive dishes from our website.
It takes no more than 60 minutes, and it is enough for 5 people.
- 2 cups of brown flour.
- 1 cup of oat flour.
- Half a cup of white flour.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of yeast.
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons of powdered milk.
- Half a cup of milk.
- Water for kneading, as needed.
- In a deep bowl, put brown flour, oat flour, white flour, salt, sugar, yeast, olive oil, powdered milk, and liquid milk.
- Gradually pour the water and knead well until you get a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and leave it aside until it rests.
- Cut the dough into 10 pieces and let it rest again.
- Spread each piece of dough on a flat surface.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove.
- Place the dough in the pan on low heat for a minute.
- Then, flip it to the other side for a few seconds so that it does not burn.
- Repeat the process until the dough is finished,
- Serve the oat tortilla bread hot.
Mexican Chicken and Beef Tortilla
This recipe takes fifteen minutes to prepare, and it is enough for six people.
For tortilla bread:
- 1 cup and a half of water.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- 3 cups of white flour.
- 2 teaspoons of salt.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
For the stuffing:
- Half a cup of chicken broth.
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Three coloured sweet peppers, one of each colour.
- Two hundred and fifty grams of beef fillet, cut into longitudinal slices.
- Two hundred and fifty grams of chicken breasts, cut into longitudinal slices.
- Two teaspoons of flour.
- Large onion, cut into slices.
- A green chilli pepper, cut into slices.
- A teaspoon of dried coriander.
- Salt, to taste.
- A teaspoon of garlic powder.
- A teaspoon of sweet paprika powder.
- A teaspoon of chilli powder.
- A teaspoon of wild thyme.
- A teaspoon of black pepper.
- A teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Two teaspoons of cumin.
- Sour cream.
- Mexican sauce.
- Grated cheddar cheese.
- Place the beef in a bowl and season it with a third of the ground spices mixed together, in addition to a tablespoon of vegetable oil, and stir the ingredients together.
- Place the chicken in another bowl and season with another third of the ground spices, mixing them with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Put the oil in a frying pan to heat it, then add the seasoned meat with a pinch of salt, sauté it for a minute over high heat, then reduce it to medium until cooked.
- Finish cutting the meat in the same way, then fry the chicken in the same pan and in the same way.
- Put a small amount of vegetable oil in the same pan after removing the chicken and meat, then sauté the remaining ingredients for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the ingredients from the pan and add them to the meat and chicken, adding an amount of flour to them and stirring for a minute.
- Add water or warm chicken broth to the mixture with the remaining spices and stir well.
- Then, return the ingredients to the pan and stir over high heat for a minute.
- Serve it immediately with tortillas or cooked rice.
- To prepare the tortilla, put all the tortilla ingredients together and knead them well, then cover them with a piece of nylon and leave them to rest for an hour.
- Spread the dough after fermentation on a floured surface and shape it into small, very thin loaves.
- Place a wide frying pan on the fire to heat it, then place each loaf on it, press it slightly, and turn it over to the other side, keeping it soft and not toasted.
- Place the loaves on a clean towel and wrap them immediately to keep them warm and soft.
Mexican Bread Rolls
This recipe takes fifteen minutes to prepare, and it is enough for three people.
- Two pieces of chicken breast, cut into cubes.
- A pinch of red pepper.
- Six pieces of tortilla bread.
- Three teaspoons of omega-rich margarine.
- Half a teaspoon of wild thyme.
- Half a teaspoon of cumin.
- Two green peppers, cut into cubes.
- Grated cheddar cheese, low-fat (optional).
- Half a cup of mushrooms. Small onion, chopped.
- Two teaspoons of light soy sauce.
- Put soy sauce and margarine together in a frying pan and leave them over medium heat.
- Then add the chicken to them to cook.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the mixture in the pan and cook them well.
- Then, serve the mixture by placing an amount of it in tortilla bread.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and serve.
Now that you have all it takes to prepare a delicious traditional Mexican bread do not hesitate to tell us about your experience in preparing some. Enjoy the experience and the great taste with your loved ones.