These tasty chipotle chicken burrito bowls are the perfect quick & easy dinner. Packed with veg, goodness and flavour, give them a go!
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra to brush
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 500g Diced Chicken
- 2 tsp chipotle chilli paste (from larger supermarkets)
- 200ml boiling water
- 4 medium tortilla wraps
- 2 little gem lettuces or ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 6 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 lime, quartered, to serve
- Pinch paprika, optional
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas 6. Heat the 1 tbsp oil in a large non–stick frying pan, add the red onions and diced chicken, then fry over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until the onions have started to soften and the chicken has cooked.
- Mix the chipotle paste with the boiling water, then add to the pan. Season with salt and black pepper, then simmer for 6-8 minutes until the liquid has cooked off.
- Meanwhile, brush the tortillas with a little oil, then put each one in an ovenproof bowl (pudding basins are ideal). Bake for 5-6 minutes until golden and firm – work in batches if you only have 1 or 2 bowls. Remove from the oven and leave to cool while you repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- To serve, half-fill the tortilla cases with shredded lettuce, then top with the hot chipotle chicken, tomatoes and cucumber. Add a dollop of yogurt and a lime wedge to each, then sprinkle with paprika (if using) and serve straightaway.TOP TIP: Chipotle chilli paste has a smoky flavour as well as heat. If you don’t like spicy food, use 1 tsp smoked paprika instead.