This Easy Leftover Chicken Curry is quick and simple but packed full of flavour. Ready in just 25 minutes, this tikka masala style curry is a great way to use up your chicken leftovers! If you have no chicken leftovers just cook some chicken and let’s go!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Servings: 4 people Calories: 308kcal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- 3 cm ginger grated
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric optional
- 500 g leftover cooked chicken shredded or cubed (see note)
- 350 ml passata (or chopped tinned tomatoes)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the oil, onions and peppers in a wide, deep pan and cook over a gentle heat (lid on) for about 5 minutes, or until softened but not brown.
- Add the chilli, garlic, ginger, garam masala and turmeric and fry gently for 2 more minutes (add a very small splash of water from the kettle if it gets to dry)
- Add the chicken, passata, coconut milk, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Turn down low and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is piping hot all the way through.
- Serve with rice and/or naans and all your favourite accompaniments.
If you don’t have any leftover cooked chicken, you can substitute with leftover cooked chicken. Alternatively start by pan frying cubes of raw chicken or chicken until cooked, before continuing with the recipe.
Suitable for freezing.