There is no doubt that a well-balanced diet is the key to a healthy life. Sure, our life is full of obstacles – we always get busy, so we might not have time for a full meal. We can solve this problem by drinking healthy drinks. You can drink cold fruit juice, a warm cup of tea, or a revitalizing protein shake.
In the past, people depended on water to provide everything the body needs to replenish the fluids it loses. They counted on the water for millions of years. The flourishing of agriculture and the domestication of animals, helped people to know milk. Then came coffee and tea, all consumed for taste and pleasure as much as for the fluids they provide.
Nowadays, youth prefer sugary beverages including soda, energy drinks, and sports drinks that offer hydration but with a high dose of unnecessary calories that the body may have a hard time regulating. If we search for the best healthy drinks if we are thirsty, water is the best healthy choice. Tea and coffee, without added sweeteners, are the best healthy choices, too. Some beverages should be consumed in moderation, including fruit juice, milk, and those made with low-calorie sweeteners. So it’s best to avoid sugary drinks like soda and energy drinks.
There is no doubt that 8 cups of water a day can keep you staying hydrated, maintaining healthy organs, and flushing out toxins. But if you don’t like to drink 8 cups of water daily?? Here is more than one option to help you to drink fluids without adding artificial or sugary ingredients. These drinks are very safe and healthy. These juices are safe for people that have allergies, diabetes, hypertension, or high cholesterol, as well as safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women. They are easy to prepare at home and cheap.
Top Healthy Drinks
Mint has been used for thousands of years for its minty taste and health benefits. Mint has many essential oils such as menthol, limonene, and menthone. Mint tea has several health benefits. It also has an antispasmodic that may help relax muscles and reduce stiffness and aches. It also promotes the movement of food through the digestive tract. Let’s have a look:
- Mint tea may aid to relieve digestive symptoms by reducing the frequency and length of pain, such as bloating, gas, and indigestion.
- Mint tea may help diminish certain types of headaches and also contain properties that relieve pain.
- Mint tea has a great cooling effect that combats the heat. If you mix cold mint with freshly squeezed lemon juice, you will feel fresh and cool.
- Mint tea has antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, which have a powerful effect on your body.
- Mint tea may fight clogged sinuses due to infections and may fight the common cold and allergies.
- Mint tea contains menthol, which is considered one of the active compounds in mint. Menthol improves the perception of airflow in your nasal cavity which makes your breathing easier.
- Mint tea also contains natural compounds that may have beneficial effects on your energy levels and reduce fatigue.
- Mint tea contains a plant compound called rosmarinic acid that may reduce symptoms of allergic reactions, such as runny nose and itchy eyes.
- Mint tea contains mint oil, which may help improve your ability to focus and concentrate.
- Mint tea acts as a muscle relaxant, it may relieve women’s menstrual cramps.
- Many studies have indicated that mint tea effectively fights several types of bacteria, it may reduce several types of bacteria commonly found in your mouth.
- Mint tea muscle relaxant property may improve your sleep and feel relaxed before bedtime due to being naturally caffeine-free.
- Mint tea may aid weight loss due to a pleasantly sweet flavour that may reduce your appetite.
Black coffee is rich in antioxidants, it is considered the primary source of antioxidants in most American diets. Black coffee can reduce your risk of serious health conditions like cancer and heart disease. Black coffee also has a great beneficial effect on our health, let’s see:
- Black coffee contains vitamins B2, B3, and B5, caffeine, potassium, and magnesium.
- One cup of black coffee in the morning may provide protection benefits from heart diseases and dementia.
- One cup of black coffee may help to reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease and may help to prevent some types of cancer, including oral cancer, liver cancer, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer.
- Some studies have shown that drinking four or more cups of black coffee reduces your risk of cirrhosis(a chronic disease of the liver), especially when the damage comes from alcohol.
- Black coffee is high in caffeine which can help with weight management. Consuming black coffee regularly throughout the day also helps your body to burn more fat.
- People who drink coffee regularly have a lower risk of getting type 2 diabetes, which almost affects adults.
- One of the greatest benefits of coffee if you drink four or more cups per day, it may help to reduce depression risk, stimulates the nervous system, and helps elevate mood and productivity.
- Black coffee contains chlorogenic acid, ferulic acid, and caffeic acid which have several benefits for your body. These kinds of acids help reduce the inflammation of nerve cells.
- Drinking black coffee improves cardiovascular health. Intaking black coffee may lead to an increase in your blood pressure at first, but this effect will decrease over time.
- Drinking black coffee may decrease the risk of gout.
- Drinking black coffee is important for stomach health by cleaning your stomach and flushing out toxins and bacteria from the stomach.
- Black coffee vitamins, such as potassium and magnesium, support blood pressure and maintain the fluid levels in our bodies.
- This coffee has an important role in reducing cellulite by enlarging blood vessels and making the skin tighter.
- The beneficial compounds that are found in black coffee, such as caffeine and polyphenols, prevent the build-up of uric acid around body tissues and help reduce the level of insulin in the blood.
Green tea is one of the healthiest drinks on the planet. It is rich in polyphenols and natural antioxidants that make it an important drink for your health. It can slow down ageing and protect your cells from several types of toxins and carcinogens. Let’s see:
- Antioxidants in green tea can help protect against heart diseases by reducing the risk of blood clot formations and relaxing the blood vessels that can result in heart attacks and strokes. Also, these powerful antioxidants improve brain function, protect against cancer, and help you to lose fats.
- Green tea contains bioactive compounds these healthy compounds making it a healthy drink. It is rich in polyphenols that reduce inflammation and may help fight cancer. Green tea also contains catechins that are called “epigallocatechin-3-gallate” or “EGCG”, which are natural antioxidants that help prevent cell damage, and may help treat various diseases. Catechins also have benefits for oral health that may prevent bad breath.
- Green tea is more than just a hydrating beverage that contains small amounts of minerals that benefit your health.
- Green tea contains fluoride, which has great health benefits, including strengthening teeth and bones, subsequently helping reduce the risk of tooth decay and osteoporosis.
- Caffeine is an energetic ingredient inside green tea, which is a known stimulant. It helps in increasing the firing of neurons and the concentration of neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine.
- Green tea not only has caffeine but also contains amino acid L-theanine, which can cross the blood-brain barrier and increases dopamine and the production of alpha waves in the brain. Both two ingredients play an important role in improving brain function.
- Green tea does a great job of increasing fat-burning and boosting metabolic rate.
- Green tea lowers the risk of various types of cancer such as breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer.
- Green tea may prevent type 2 diabetes that elevates blood sugar levels, which may be caused by insulin resistance.
Citrus Fruit Juice
Citrus fruit juice is an excellent source of vitamin C and a potent antioxidant that can protect against a variety of diseases. Citrus fruits include lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit. You can prepare this juice with one kind of citrus fruit or mix others. They are sweet and bright in colour and also good for you. They also contain a bunch of health benefits, especially they boost your immunity system: Let’s see:
- Citrus fruits are full of vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium, potassium, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, copper, and manganese. They play an important role in strengthening the immune system.
- Citrus fruits are rich in fibre that have several effects on your body, including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects that improve digestive health and aid weight loss. All citrus fruits are rich in another kind of fibre “soluble fibre”, especially oranges, which helps lower cholesterol levels.
- Citrus fruits are a good choice if you want fruits low in calories, full of fluids, and high in fibre.
- Citrus fruits have a powerful effect on raising the levels of citrate in your urine and lowering the risk of kidney painful stones.
- Drinking citrus juices may offer a natural alternative to potassium citrate supplements.
- Regular eating or drinking citrus fruits reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- Many studies have shown that citrus fruits may also protect against oesophagal, stomach, and breast cancer.
- Citrus fruits contain “plant compounds” including flavonoids that act as antioxidants, which may help protect against cancer due to blocking certain genes that are responsible for some degenerative diseases.
- They also boost heart health by lower rates of heart disease and stroke. Many studies have shown that people who regularly ate higher amounts of these fruits have good heart health compared to others.
- Grapefruits have a powerful effect on decreasing systolic blood pressure.
- The soluble fibre and flavonoids in citrus fruits may improve cholesterol levels by lowering “bad” LDL cholesterol and raising “good” HDL cholesterol.
- The strongest antioxidant in citrus fruits is called naringin, which has a great benefit for the heart in several ways.
- Citrus fruits protect your brain by preventing the breakdown of cells in the nervous system and causing many diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.