Everything is better with a big bowl of refreshing bountiful salad. It always adds exceptional charm to your feast, and it’s the perfect way to celebrate in and out of doors. When it comes to veggies, you need to take advantage of delicious seasonal produce. Meanwhile, you don’t need to hear, “this salad sucks!” from your kids. In fact, most of our typical salad recipes suck because we use pre-cut veggies and toss them in a dish right on the table—hardly any dressing is ever added! And the logical result is that the bowl is left untouched! As soon as everyone has done with his dish, you place the salad in the refrigerator for days. And after it starts to get withered, you throw it in the trash. It’s a story that keeps coming up, and no one seems to have learned from the past.
Forget about this harsh scenario, and let’s see something else!
If you have already got tired of green salad and are still looking for something light to include in your diet, this article is just for you. Give these recipes a try, and you will make them again and again.
Side tip: Our recipe works magically year-round. Whether the temperature starts to rise or drop, we will help you make salads everyone would crave to taste. Additionally, you can tackle them in any container and take your meal outside.
Amazing Salad Recipes
- Asian Slaw Salad
You absolutely encounter many Asian restaurants abroad, and every time I am sure you are entirely surprised by its diverse menu. Today we will introduce you to one of the best choices for a picnic or BBQ that will be a guaranteed hit. Slaw salads are always the answer for those bored of the same mixture of greens. They are made from cabbage, broccoli, and other nutrients vegetables coated with the tangy marinade. And Asian slaw is always the best make-ahead salad recipe since it combines cushy vegetables with a flavoured taste. So let’s see how you can make it.
Side tip: To maximize the flavour, You need to season the vegetables by the dressing ahead of time to make sure they have soaked up all the juicy we are preparing.
What You Need to Prepare Asian Slaw: (Ingredients and more)
- Chopped cabbage (red or green) and (you are free to use as much or as little as you desire.)
- Pepper (you can use any sort you find; however, the best choice for Asian Slaw is banana pepper, anaheim, and poblano)
- 1 shredded scallion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro *don’t remove stems. It would be okay here
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves or Thai basil
- 1 Thai chile or for your taste.
- ½ cup toasted peanut or sesame seeds *optional
- 1 rip sliced peach *optional for sweety poops
For Asian slaw dressing:
- ½ cup cashew butter (you can use peanut butter instead)
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste (for making the outstanding dressing)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon mashed ginger
- 2 tablespoons water or based on the consistency of the sauce you like
Side tip: You can replace the cabbage mix with a packaged coleslaw mixture from the nearest grocery. However, freshly chopped vegetables will make your salad extra pretty.
Asian Slaw Salad Recipe
- Start with making the dressing by these instructions: Bring a small bowl and place cashew butter, lemon juice, ginger, white miso paste, and sesame oil and mix them after adding water slowly. Then give them a whisk to make a desirable consistency.
Side tip: Traditionally, Asian salads include anaheim and banana pepper. But you might, for instance, find that your Asian slaw is much flavoured with red bell pepper.
- Place a flat skillet over medium heat to saute the pepper until the edge gains a bright colour. And then flip them over. After charring the pepper for at least 2 minutes, remove it from the heat and let them till it completely cools.
- Slice the pepper into small strips after removing seeds, stems, and rids.
Side tip: Any summer salad can not be completed with refreshing herbs and spices. However, it’s excellent if you don’t have all herbs in the ingredients section. Instead, use what you have in your hand, and just leave your veggies well-coated with the dressing ahead of time to ensure a surprising flavour.
- In a large pot, transfer all vegetables: cabbage, peppers, scallions, cilantro, basil, and chiles, and then pour the dressing over your green mixture. Whisk them together and add a pinch of salt.
- Some toppings can be preferable for garnishing your dishes, like sliced peach, toasted nuts, or sesame seeds.
Side tip: Any leftover dressing sauce may be refrigerated and used in other salad dishes in the future.
- Watermelon and Strawberry Salad
Many of you will say, “why do I even need to make watermelon salad when I enjoy eating it without any additions? Here is the thing: eating watermelon salad is even better than just devouring slices of this beloved fruit. This sweaty and savoury new salad recipe will be your favourite for good, especially in the summer. Picture this; you stretch on the beach holding your watermelon and strawberry salad and basking in the sunlight. Oh dear, I think it would be fascinating! *capture an Instagram story with #summervibes. Every adventure I know has this scene on their bucket list.
I bet you this go-to recipe will blow your mind after adding black pepper! *yeah, it is the weirdest thing you ever heard, but trust me, it would be an outwardly flavoured dish.
All salad dishes, please step aside as the king is coming!
What You Need to Prepare Watermelon and Strawberry Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- Cubes of watermelon
- Cuts of feta *cubes are preferable.
- 1 teaspoon salt and freshly minced black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil or mint
Watermelon and Strawberry Salad Recipe
- Place watermelon, strawberries, feta, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and give them a gentle whisk.
- Spread toppings of basil and serve
Side tip: If you serve it cold, it will be vibrant and delicious.
- Greek Salad
Nothing can beat the typical greek salad, which combines fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuces, green peppers, olives, red onions, and… So many things should be now tossed in a homemade Greek fresh dressing. It’s crunchy, lemony, crispy, and savoury that comes perfect for all times; breakfast… okay, launch… perfect, and dinner… fantastic! I bet you absolutely love Greece, and if you haven’t been there before, you consider it a fanatic destination. So, it goes without saying that you love Greek food and for sure at the top of them is a greek salad.
No matter how many times you have prepared it before, you will provide you with the secret recipe for the incredible greek salad. This classic dish takes no time to prepare and mix them together, creating a colourful and healthy recipe. After using our formula, you will rarely order the greek salad in the restaurants since you will see that paying more than $10 for something ridiculously easy and cheap to make at home… No thanks!
Side tip: We know that bringing the typical ingredients for salads can be difficult, but the result you will get might justify the efforts. However, we will provide you with alternatives to make it easy to prepare it immediately.
What You Need to Prepare Greek Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- Chopped Roman lettuce (iceberg lettuce works perfectly as well)
- 2 sliced grape tomatoes (cherry tomatoes are much better)
- 1 sliced red onion
- 2 sliced cucumbers
- 1 chopped green pepper (feel free to use any kinds of pepper you have)
- ¼ cup olive (Kalamata is always preferable; however, we encourage you to use any)
- Crumbled feta cheese
For the greek salad dressing:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (vegetable oil is okay)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ tablespoon oregano or basil
- ½ teaspoon for each salt and pepper
Greek Salad Salad Recipe
- Bring your desired deep bowl to combine all ingredients, including lettuce, onions, cucumbers, tomato, olives, and feta cheese. Set it aside.
Side tip: You can make this dish a much-prized source of protein by adding grilled slices of meat or chicken.
- Now, prepare the dressing sauce in a small bowl by combining lime juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper, and give it a whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the greens mixture and toss to coat, and serve it any way you like.
Side tip: There is nothing wrong with making a large batch at once and storing it in a refrigerator but be sure to separate the dressing and the veggies.
- Italian Chopped Green Salad
Who said that Italy’s kitchen includes nothing but pasta and pizza. The thing is, Italian cuisines can be a bit of a mystery to every traveller. Italian salads can beat up any others. We promise you that this salad bowl will amaze everyone around the table and let everyone murmur, “Oh, what amazing this salad is!” And when it comes to homemade Italian dressing salads, expect the best; even we encourage you to dunk bread in the dressing sauce to take in all its intense, mouthwatering flavours. Our chopped green salad recipe will help you know a lot about Italy’s fascinating history and culture (kidding! It’s not the perfect time to speak about this grandiose empire of Italy. We need to prepare something for hungry tummies!)
Our recipe is all about sturdy veggies and parmesan cheese, and then putting them all together in a serving dish, and that’s it 😉
To rustle up this easy salad, join us to see!
Declaminer: some people have referred to the dressing for the Italian green salad as not a typical Italian recipe, or honestly, it’s not used in Itlay at all. People in Italy tend only to use vinegar, olives, and lemon juice. And vinaigrette sauce is more likely to be American style. Anyway, call it American or Italian; what matters is how you prepare it.
What You Need to Prepare Italian Chopped Green Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 chopped roman heart or iceberg lettuce
- 1 finely chopped leafy lettuce *optional
- 1 sliced red onion or shallot *any onions with a sweaty taste would be better
- 1 chopped large cucumber
- 3 sliced cherry tomatoes (feel free to replace them with any available tomatoes)
- ½ cup ripped green olives (in case you ask me, “what about black olives?” that’s what I only have, for now, any olives are great. We just make it specifically at first for those who want to follow the same recipe for this zesty salad)
- ½ cup jarred sliced pepperoncini *optional, but it adds a pleasant taste making it your favourite salad dish.
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes *optional
For Italian chopped green salad dressing:
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 2 teaspoons marble syrup or sugar (other syrups can be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon each dried oregano, basil, and thyme (feel free to skip what you don’t have, or you can substitute with dried mint)
- ¼ teaspoon salt or for taste
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
Italian Chopped Green Salad Recipe
- We will start with preparing the salad dressing recipe: In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, and syrup and give it a good stirring.
Side tip: It’s easy to prepare a lot of this dressing and use it on other salads later.
- Chop the vegetables; roman lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and olives. *make halves of olives and small nerds of tomato
Side tip: It would be better to peel the cucumbers before cutting them off to make the salad unforgettable for your kids.
- Toss the ingredients all together and make them all coated with your homemade dressing.
Side tip: If you’re not going to eat the salad straight away, don’t bother with the dressing. Refrigerate them in separate containers.
- Broccoli Salad
Despite the fact that the average person is highly familiar with all components of broccoli salad, it’s easy to overlook since we have focused on grilled or roasted broccoli and don’t even think of how we can take advantage of it. However, this brilliant veggie can be eaten fresh and sturdy with savoury, tangy, and sometimes sweety dressing. Try this light yet creamy broccoli salad for dinner or as a healthy snack during your working days.
This salad is the best way to accent the base of grilled beef on hot days. With this easy recipe, you will enjoy it at home with cheap ingredients and rich sources of vitamins and calcium.
And don’t forget to add roasted almonds to behold the best salad scene and for detachable flavour.
Side tip: if you are in a hurry, you can replace our homemade dressing with mayo sauce. But we want to make it as healthy as possible, so we just add 1 teaspoon of pre-prepared mayo mixed with our tangy marinade.
You are invited to meet our refreshing and favourite broccoli salad recipe!
What You Need to Prepare Broccoli Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 fresh broccoli
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard *feel free to replace it with any other mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt for taste
- 1 small minced red onion
- ½ cup cranberries *optional
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds *optional
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder (smoked or regular)
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Turn on your oven to preheat before for a few moments. Line vegetable parchment on a baking dish and place it inside.
Side tip: to prepare the best cookout dish around, and since the base of this salad is raw broccoli, pick a small one and chop it as much as possible to make sure it will be well coated with the marinade and soften enough to bite. That’s not all; if the broccoli is smaller than other ingredients, you can rest assured that you will get the most out of everything in each mouthful.
- On a chopping board, place the broccoli and start cutting it off to separate the green, dark parts and florets from the stem. Each piece should not exceed ½ inch. Don’t throw the stalks right away. Instead, chop them off into 1/4 -inch pieces.
Side tip: Before pouring stalks nerds into your salad bowl, get rid of woody and very solid parts that could ruin your recipe.
- Bring the desired salad bowl and place the olive oil, mustard, maple syrup, honey, ground garlic, and a pinch of salt. Mix them all, add the broccoli, onions, and cranberries, and turn them over to ensure that all vegetables are coated.
Side tip: It would be better to prepare it ahead of time and let it soak up all marinade in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to make use of this colourful salad. Furthermore, the broccoli turns to be more tender with a graceful flavour.
- Remember the oven we preheated, okay! Now lay the almonds and pumpkin seeds on the baking dish. Season them with soy sauce or tamari, maple syrup, and paprika (it’s even better if you use smoked paprika in this recipe)
Side tip: If you want to storge the salad for later, don’t add the nuts toppings for the sake of getting the crunchy texture of this fresh, easy, and delicious salad. Instead, just before serving, toast the almonds and sprinkle them on the top of the bowl.
- Bake them for at least 15 minutes until the almonds turn to be golden brown. Get them out of the oven and set the dish aside to cool.
Side tip: This recipe would be stunning with a burger party, grilled pork, or even to be your main course. I like making it for a picnic day or as a terrific side dish on the Thanksgiving feast.
- Pour almonds and pumpkin seeds on the top and serve this yummy broccoli salad that would change your mind about green salad.
Side tip: I know some of you will start wondering why we roast almonds that are already cooked. Okay, here is the thing: you need to make this lighting-up salad crunchier yet much more flavoured than usual. With such a super easy tip, roast almonds will help you get what you want.
- Bacon Corn Salad
After sourcing canned corn from the supermarket, It isn’t long before our conversation turns to what we can do with it. First, it’s great to eat it right, but making a salad recipe based on corn is even better. So we’ve come up with this stunning dish. You don’t need to bring a grill to make this healthy salad done, bacon corn salad. It’s easy, spicy, and glorious.
Additionally, it can be made any time of the year because it doesn’t rely on seasonal produce. Instead, it depends on some fresh herbs and smoky bacon. However, you can make the best of fresh corn in the summer, and I am sure you will eat it all summer long.
Side tip: I bet your whole family will like bacon corn salad, especially if you are crazy about corn on the cob like everyone I know. The essential thing to remember is that there is just one step to making this salad.
What You Need to Prepare Bacon Corn Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 canned corn or 1 fresh cord corn
- Slices cooked bacon “the quantity based on your preference.”
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 chopped jalapeño or any chile pepper
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise *optional if you are searching for a less-calories recipe
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to the taste
Bacon Corn Salad Recipe
- Combine ingredients all together in a large bowl. Whisk herbs and spices with corn and bacon and toss them to coat.
Side tip: we suggest you prepare it ahead of time and let it absorb all dressing before serving.
- Add some dried herbs like thyme to the toppings if desired.
Spinach Apple Salad
We all leave preparing salad at the last stage of cooking, and if it requires more than 5 minutes to be ready for serving, we are most likely to sit at the table, start eating and forget about it. And we understand that life is so busy that we don’t want to make much to prepare any side dishes.
But we need to reconsider the vibrant in-season produce of fruits and vegetables to make our life much easier by bringing ultra-easy salads to the table that are so good.
That’s why when life gives you an apple, make spinach apple salad. This recipe will be your favourite way to showcase how you can make the best of the primary ingredients available in each home. It’s so easy and so good with balsamic dressing. You can make it into a delicious meal, and everyone will be amazed and don’t believe that it takes only three minutes to serve.
Want to save this recipe? Don’t forget to pin these pictures to come back quickly to this page whenever you want.
What You Need to Prepare Spinach Apple Salad: (Ingredients and more)
For the balsamic dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar *if it’s aged, it would be better
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard *All sorts of mustard, by the way, are excellent.
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- ¼ salt for taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
For spinach apple salad
- ½ cup glazed or toasted walnuts or pecans (you can use raw walnuts if you don’t like the sweaty flavour)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing (scroll down to check out its recipe)
- 1 apple
- 1 pear (please pick a ripe one to be easy to bite)
- 2 cups spinach leaves (baby leaves are always the best)
- 3 cups of each: parsley, drills, mint
Spinach Apple Salad Recipe
- Combine balsamic vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, and salt all together and mix them for a while.
Side tip: Every true salad master know that this combination will lead to a somewhat desirable sweaty and creamy sauce. It will entice you to come back to add it to classic foods and trendy salads alike.
- Add olive oil gradually to the mixture and give it a gentle whisk.
Side tip: You can keep this sauce in the refrigerator for two weeks without getting rotten.
- Keep stirring and remember the ultimate goal is to get a saucy texture, not liquid.
For spinach apple salad
- To toast the walnuts, you will need 1 cup of maple syrup and salt. In a small non-stick skillet, add walnuts and syrup over medium heat. Once you have seen bubbles coming out at the top, turn the heat to the lowest setting. Stir the nuts from time to time and remove the skillet from the stove after 6 minutes.
Side tip: Don’t leave the nuts on the stove without stirring them every few seconds, or they will quickly get scorched.
- Watch the walnuts, and when they become like a golden pile, the syrup is about to evaporate entirely; remove the skillet from the stove and let it rest.
Side tip: Now is not the time to have powdered nuts instead of churchy and glossy ones, so avoid letting the walnuts dark brown in silence.
- Place the glazed nuts on a parchment sheet, sprinkle salt, set it aside, and be ready for the spinach apple salad.
Side tip: There is no need to store the nuts in the refrigerator. You can just bring them to a tightly covered container.
- Slice the apple and pear vertically into thin pieces and cut the core of each quarter.
Side tip: Endless options you can add to this salad from feta cheese, orange slices, or other desired fruits. Also, feel free to use green or red apple and serve it in the morning or during watching a night movie. It’s a recipe of all time.
- Transfer all greens to the bottom of a large bowl and end your dish with apple and pear slices.
Side tip: remember it’s not enough to have a perfect protein and carbohydrate portion. You also need plenty of minerals, vitamins, and fibres found in apples.
- Bring the dressing to the salad and toss to coat.
Side tip: Use our dressing recipe, or you can give the bowl a great deal of ranch dressing. It works wow for this dish.
- Tuna Salad
Are you craving a light and refreshing seafood salad? Congratulations, the days of bland tuna salad recipes and ideas are over. Since we can now delight your family and guests with the most unique and tasteful seafood salad, this recipe goes perfectly with smoked tuna. If you are willing to prepare unmistakable seared tuna salad, pick sashimi-grade raw tuna that could be safe to eat. We will promise you bright flavours mixed with a variety of delicious textures.
You will also enjoy a detachable dressing that originates in Asia. Thus, you won’t have to spend big bucks to satisfy your appetite.
It can be a weeknight dish after a hectic day, or you can bring it to your table at a dish party or even a salad party.
However, it’s not a typical Asian tuna recipe; it could be fancier with intense flavours. But anyway you will be rewarded at the end.
What You Need to Prepare Tuna Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 small tomatoes, quartered
- 2 small potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped asparagus
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 thick-cut tuna steaks *if you can find sashimi-grade tuna loin, it would be awesome!
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- A bunch of caper barries *6 ones are great, and it’s optional if you couldn’t find them.
- 5 fillets of anchovy
- 1 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Tuna Salad Recipe
- Bring a bowl of water to a boil, place potatoes and a pinch of salt, and leave it for 15 minutes, or you can insert a knife to be sure the potatoes are tender enough to bite.
Side tip: you can prepare homemade tuna salad dressing by mixing soy sauce, lemon juice, a hot Thai sauce like Sriracha, smashed garlic, and olive oil. Then sprinkle this tasty and tangy sauce that drizzles at the last stage before serving.
- Remove the bowl from the stove, transfer the potatoes to another dish, and set them aside.
Pro tip: You will need to add lemon zest to boost the sweety sour taste in the previous dressing recipe. So, use Microplane to zest the whole lemon instead of cutting them in halves and squeezing each one. By this, you can get most of the rind of lemon in just a few minutes.
- In the same bowl, add asparagus and bring it to a boil for 2 minutes. After than, take the boiled asparagus using a slotted spoon in a pot with ice-cold water to keep its green colour and set them aside.
Side tip: We encourage you to use fresh sashimi-grade tuna, but frozen tuna doesn’t mean it’s not new. Just bring a reputable brand that will guarantee you purchase something tasty enough to add to your fantastic salad.
- In a medium pot filled with water, place the eggs and bring them to a boil for at least 7 minutes. Drain the eggs from the water and place them with asparagus.
Side tip: We recommend cooking all ingredients and then taking tuna out of the refrigerator at the last step before cutting them into thick cuts and sauteing them.
- Now bring pastel and mortar, place anchovy inside, and add the smashed garlic. Use your power to bash your salted fish till you get a smooth mixture. It will take 5 minutes at least.
Side tip: If you are looking for affordable tuna with pretty good quality, you can purchase yellowfin. It’s our favourite to make this salad recipe when we are broke.
- Transfer anchovy paste to another bowl, add olive oil and lemon juice and stir them together.
Side tip: If you don’t feel comfortable eating tuna raw, you can fry it for just one minute before adding it to your salad bowl. And you can season it with toasted sesame seeds before placing it into a non-stick skillet. And remember, you only want to make tuna slightly golden, but just as the exceptional appearance as semi-raw meat.
- Tuna should be cut into tiny pieces to ensure that each mouthful has all the salad’s ingredients.
Side tip: please note that you would need a smart technique when slicing tuna, and we will uncover this secret for you. On a chopping board, line the tuna fillet and start cutting ¼ inch pieces. To do it properly without a headache, use a sharp knife, and it’s not about sawing the fish. Instead, insert the knife into the tuna, causing a gentle pressure, and then give the fish a strong, surprising hit all the way. This absolute must technique is designed not to lose the juicy texture of the fish. Repeat this step to get the desired small pieces of each fillet.
- Peel the eggs and slice them into halves.
Side tip: You can, of course, eat tuna salad on cold winter nights, but in summer, it’s stunning. You will like to brighten your dinner table with a colourful, nutrient, and big seafood mix, veggies, and refreshing herbs.
- Tip potatoes, asparagus, tomatoes, olives, caper berries, and dressing. Combine them all. Top your serving salad dish with eggs and tuna slices. And finally, drizzle a batch of sauce.
Side tip: You can use hearty greens like carbage for a healthier recipe.
- Salmon Avocado Salad
If you are willing to fill out your meal with perfect side dishes and salads, then it’s time for a salmon avocado salad. This recipe can do it well. Salamon has a special magic. It’s a combination of fresh veggies, then top the salad with warmth and love. It’s one of the favourite picks for traditional seafood salad we must eat when visiting a classy restaurant for a special dinner. But when we gave it more attention, we discovered it’s easy enough to cook in our kitchen, taking less than 20 minutes. And nothing can beat the avocado slices with a creamy sauce. So you can make it for a day trip or bring it to the dinner table. The only challenge is to use the premium quality of pan filet of seasoned salmon. Bonus: it’s a low-calorie, healthy salad option.
Let’s see what to try at your next dinner party to amaze your friends.
What You Need to Prepare Salmon Avocado Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 sliced cucumber *it’s better to be peeled
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- Salt and black pepper to taste
We love to make this salad with our favourite lemon seasoning marinade: Use these simple ingredients to have the best vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Salmon Avocado Salad Recipe
- Add all ingredients and whisk them together for the dressing to get the desired creamy texture.
Side tip: This dressing can last for more than a week. Even though you need to store it in a sealed container, another thing is that it could lose its bright colour over time, but the flavour is most likely to be the same.
- Place the salmon fillets on the chopping board. And season the fillets with salt and pepper; no need for any other spices. *Make sure that the board is dry enough not to lose the juicy taste of the salmon.
Pro tip: Dry the fillets before seasoning by pressing gently on the salmon using a paper towel to get the golden crust.
- Cook the salmon in a preheated pan over high for 4 minutes. Make sure it’s adequately seared on both sides by flipping it over.
Side tip: The last thing you need is to have an overcooked, bland, or dry salmon fillet. Instead, with the seared technique, it would be great for most, yet semi-raw, fish with its detachable flavour.
- In a deep bowl, add all veggies and diced avocado. Mix them all and sprinkle drizzles of the lemon dressing.
Side tip: Insert a cutlery knife into the fillets before removing them from the heat to make sure that the salmon can be cut easily.
- Top it off with the grilled salmon and some more sauce when serving the salad.
Viola—serve it immediately and enjoy your layered yummy salad.
- Italian Pasta Salad
Pasta salads are always an easy option that will pop into everyone’s mind when the bell rings to tell us the time to eat something wholesome filled with all nutritive elements is coming! Our traditional Italian salad has been influenced by the Middle East and Mediterranean cuisines. The Italian pasta salad, though, is popular throughout Europe and America.
But we are here to shed some light on this unforgettable classic combination, and we don’t forget to provide it with our love and passion. We have something for you for pasta lovers who have had their fill of white and red sauced spaghetti and are looking for something new.
Read on to get some ideas about making our excellent recipe for the pasta salad and using the same ingredients and instructions to create this tempting dish of tender pasta coated with garlic, lemon, sweet and sour herbs, and special Italian seasoning.
Side tip: It would be better to prepare it at least 3 days ahead of time. And then, it will be ready for picnics and cookouts. And we are sure that you can not get enough from our Italian pasta salad once you get the first mouthful.
What You Need to Prepare Italian Pasta Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 cups pasta (uncooked and fusilli is the perfect option for this recipe)
- ½ cup salami (go to the nearest Mediterranean grocery where you can find it and make sure to pick a reputable source)
- 1 cup tomatoes, halved (the typical Italian pasta salad should contain grape tomatoes, but you are welcome to substitute with any available tomatoes)
- ½ cup of each sliced green and red pepper (bell pepper is ideal for this recipe but replace them with any available peppers. Just make sure that the red is not chile )
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ½ cup mozzarella or bocconcini balls
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup ground parmesan cheese (optional for garnishing your tasty dish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon of each; salt and ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (dried Oregon can be a good substitution as well)
Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Now it’s prep time. Pour all herbs and spices into a tightly sealed mason jar. Shake the jar finely till all components mix together.
Pro tip: Prepare a significant batch of this dressing and use it for the upcoming 2 weeks. And don’t forget, before every use, stir or shake it finely to get the best of this zesty Italian dressing with natural ingredients. It’s fantastic for many recipes, whether you will prepare a snappy lunch salad or a large dish party.
- Start with cooking pasta by placing a large pot filled with salted water over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil, then add pasta. And leave it for 8 – 10 minutes until al dente or according to instructions on the package.
Side tip: If you are looking for an easy homemade recipe for a large dinner party, the Italian pasta salad is the right option. Just be ready to leave it for at least 3 hours to absorb all herbs and flavours.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Drain, wash pasta and run a cold stream of water over the pasta for a few seconds.
Side tip: If you are looking for some major salad inspiration to cut out carbs, you are also in the right place. Simply replace pasta with chickpeas and iceberg lettuce coated with the same Italian dressing recipe. And you will still enjoy a delicious Italian salad.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl and add all chopped veggies and herbs. Toss all ingredients to coat.
Side tip: Add some olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking if you don’t eat it straight away.
- Before serving, top the dish salad with shredded Parmesan, cover it with a tight lid with plastic wrap and store it for at least 2 hours.
Side tip: It’s preferable if the food is served cold, but not so cold. But before bringing it to the table, pour the dressing into the dish and give it a good toss.
Brussels Sprout Salad
You can consider it one of the best slaw salads on our list. Unfortunately, not everyone has an idea about it which means you can surprise your friends and family with a large bowl of Brussel sprout salad and let them ask you how they can prepare this salad! but keep it a secret! (just kidding! Send them this link and have a friendly competition to see who can improve it the most.)
Healthy and tasty! Brussel sprout salad can work as a snappy and light lunch during work or a side dish at the dinner table. It can work with pasta or even for an originated feast when you are in a good enough mood to prepare stuffed grape leaves or even baklava.
The point is you can prepare it anywhere and anytime, taking no time, and the result will be a yummy brunch treat!
What You Need to Prepare Brussels Sprout Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 4 cups pre-shaved Brussels Sprout (it would be better to use a fresh one once you have bought from the grocery)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts (substitute it almonds if you haven’t pine)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup shredded cheese (we encourage you to use pecorino cheese for this recipe; however, it’s optional)
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions or chives
- 1 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper to taste
Brussels Sprout Salad Recipe
- Use a mandoline slicer to cut off Brussels sprouts or slice them into thin pieces.
Side tip: You can use the Italian vinaigrette in this recipe or depend on oliva oil as a dressing.
- Transfer sprout slices into a large bowl and spread olive oil and lemon juice drizzles. Toss them to coat.
Side tip: Like other salad recipes, Brussels sprout salad is always much better when you prepare it ahead of time.
- Now add other ingredients to your salad bowl, including pine nuts, cranberries, chives, and pinches of salt and pepper. Mix them finely altogether.
Side tip: Try to find the same ingredients to be rewarded with the result. Combining lemon with berries and sprouts will create an addictive and detachable flavour. Preparing it over and again will become a ritual for you.
- If you don’t have enough time to let it rest and absorb the marinade, you can at least leave the salad for 15 minutes. Before serving, top your dish with cheese. And now move over and enjoy your healthy salad.
I would love to bring this recipe with me outside on beautiful warm days, and I’m sure you would love the same once you make it with the exact instructions and ingredients. It’s one of our picks for summer salads. It’s a perfect solution when the tomatoes are umami and juicy. Not to mention how the taste will be when toasting bread, zucchini, and onions. Place them in a large bowl and send it straight outside to enjoy sunny days with pops of sweetness and refreshing flavours.
I’d instead make veggies charred to bring a pleasant taste with other ingredients. It’s simple to toss and adjust together, but it will blow your mind with its deliciousness.
There is no need for dressing; the components will work finely together; Panzanella can be added to your loss-weight plan. You will feel full without breaking your diet.
What You Need to Prepare Summer Panzanella: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (you can need more for brushing the grill to toast veggies)
- 2 cups bread loaves (we use country bread due to its thick crusts and crisp texture)
- 1 zucchini or summer squash, halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into rings
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red or white vinegar
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (you can use other types of tomatoes like grape or vine-ripened just make sure to cut them into dice)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (optional if you need this recipe to be less-calories)
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, ground
Summer Panzanella Salad Recipe
- Place a non-stick skillet (it would be much better to use a grill) over medium-high heat and drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil: brush onions, zucchini, and breadth with olive oil, and sprinkle pinches of salt and pepper.
Side tip: For an intense flavour, season veggies in advance and leave them for at least 1 hour. It will guarantee you have a delicious recipe.
- Toast bread and vegetables until they gain a lightly golden brown colour.
Side tip: Please keep an eye on your skillet. Bread will need just 1 minute, while others will get charred in about 3 minutes. Don’t go too far from the stove, either.
- Bring a flat dish and lay bread and veggies. And spread minced garlic on each side and set them aside to cool off.
Side tip: There is no need to toast anything when you don’t have a grill but still want our Panzanella fix. Just toast the bread in the oven and transfer other ingredients into a large bowl tossing them together to coat with olive oil, vinegar, and balsamic sauce.
- Cut bread into smaller bites and make the same thing with zucchini and onions.
Side tip: You can prep this spicy and smoky salad in large batches and store it in the refrigerator for one week. In addition, this salad is ideal for a light snack. So before you go to work, grab a little amount of it.
- Now, pour vinegar and olive oil into a large bowl. Mix them with a whisker. And transfer bread dices, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella shreds. Flip them over so that the sauce covers all of the vegetables. Before serving, drizzle a few drops of balsamic vinegar over the top.
We have agreed that the term salad doesn’t always refer to some lettuce and slices of cucumber and tomatoes coated with a dressing or vignette. However, our salad recipes mean a lot! This kale salad has an authentic summer taste, and it’s the best way to savour the superstar nutrient hearty green kale. For many reasons, it’s one of our favourite summer salads; easy, cheap, and glorious to argue your kids to eat this leafy green. You don’t need so much stuff to make it ready. Simply mix up spices for interest, including lemon juice, garlic, and parmesan cheese. You are welcome to keep it plain if you prefer, but our homemade dressing recipe will make it irresistible.
Our kale salad recipe will change your mind about leafy greens forEVER. But, even if you are kale haters, nothing can describe the taste after tasting this salad except one word: yummy!
What You Need to Prepare Kale Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon chilli red pepper (pepper flakes are great)
- Homemade crunchy bread (scroll down to see our secret recipe to get delicious croutons)
*If you have no time, bring croutons from the grocery but give our recipe a try, and I am sure it will never let you down!
Kale Salad Recipe
- Rinse and drain the kale. Dry it perfectly and start removing stems. Now chop the kale into bite-sized pieces.
Side tip: the best type of kale which will be excellent for this salad is Tuscan kale, which has a sweeter flavour and can be eaten raw. Curly kale can be used if you can’t find Tuscan, named Lacinato, or dinosaur.
Pro Tip: But How can you identify Tuscan from other types? The leaves of Tuscan kale are flat and darker than different types; however, curly is distinguished by its curly patterns and brighter leaves and its peppery and bitter flavour, which may make it unsuitable for eating raw for some people. (I like the spicy flavour above anything else!)
Quick tips when cutting and destemming kale for this salad
- After drying the leaves, lay and arrange the kale in a stack and hold them together with your hand. (make leaves like a formed clump beneath the blade)
- With a large sharp knife, cut off stems.
- Roll up the remaining leaves and slice them into small slices. In a circle quick motion, continue cutting kale.
- Turn the leaves in the other direction and cut them into smaller slices.
- Repeat the same instruction to cut all amounts of kale.
After trying many methods, that is the perfect way to remove stems and slice kale. Please leave it in the comments below if you know of any other.
- If you don’t grind the garlic yet, please do it now. Drizzle the garlic with salt, and to get finely minced garlic, we recommend pushing down on the cloves with the knife to make garlic paste.
Side tip: Kale is perfect for salad. However, you need to message leaves before placing them into a serving dish. That means drizzling it with olive oil and pressing gently to make the leaves softer to chew.
- Bring the garlic paste, lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Mix them to make a saucy texture.
Side tip: I know many of you don’t think kale is the best thing to make the best salad. It has a somewhat bitter taste; however, using our collection of savoury dressing will force you not to look any further. Kale melts nicely with these seasonings, and with its sturdy texture, it would be crunchy and flavoured.
- Add parmesan cheese to the combination. Whisk all together and toss to coat.
If you wonder how to serve kale salad, we’ve tried it out with crunchy bread, and it’s killing!
How to Toast Bread for Kale Salad Recipe (Croutons Recipe)
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups bread, cubed (feel free to use any types of bread you have)
- ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300F
Side tip: most popular salad recipes depend on the crunchy bread, whether served as a topping or side dish. Instead of buying it unfresh and not crunchy enough from the grocery, you can make it in no time with sweety and intense flavours. You probably have everything to make delicious croutons if you keep bread on hand.
- In a small bowl, Tear bread into small pieces and try to make well-formed cubes.
Side tip: This salty croutons recipe is perfect for making use of bread leftovers instead of building up piles of them, and you don’t know what you should do next.
- Season bread pieces with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Side tip: Instead of ground pepper, it would be preferable to use freshly grinds.
- Prepare a baking dish by lining it with parchment paper and spreading seasoned bread on top of it.
Side tip: Even if you are on a gluten-free diet, you should not miss this dish entirely. Free gluten bread can be used, and it is also really yummy!
- Baking for at least 15 minutes, checking on it every few minutes, or until the top is golden brown. The result is a crunchy crust and tender flesh.
Side tip: You can prepare it whenever free and store it in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Crunchy Chopped Salad
It’s something we crave all the time. This salad recipe is easy for even kids to prepare in a few minutes using nutrient components. It seems like a traditional greeny salad, but we add specific ingredients, pomegranate seeds, to make it more glorious. Whether you plan to add more plant-based meals to your diet or you want to encourage your kids to show up their kitchen skills, this recipe is what you are looking for! You can make it year-round, even on winter days. (yes, just don’t bring veggies from the refrigerator directly to the serving dish. Altherntivlye, leave it to warm up at room temperature.) Also, don’t feel compelled to use all ingredients. The primary item is crunchy bread. Otherwise, you can overlook cucumber or lettuce if you can’t find fresh veggies. This recipe is designed to inspire you for your next party to change up your salad game, so feel free to share your desired ingredients to make the best of crunchy chopped salad.
What You Need to Prepare Crunchy chopped Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Djoin mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey (replace it with any desirable syrup if you prefer)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (feel free to mix it up with other types and colours of tomatoes but ensure to cut in halves large pieces)
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 1 little romaine lettuce
- A bunch of cresses (replace it with other leafy greens like fresh mint or dill)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (don’t miss it if you want to make this dish a success.)
- ½ cup of leftover fresh greens (like pumpkin, chia, or sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper or to taste
Crunchy Chopped Salad Recipe
- Start slicing all veggies on a chopping board and set them aside.
Side tip: If your chopping board has no anti-slip grips, line kitchen paper on the surface before placing the board to keep it from falling off.
- Add mustard, honey, a handful of salt, and black pepper to a small jar. Tip lemon juice into the mixture. Stir it well with a whisk and then seal the jar and shake it for a while till you get a zesty sauce. *Keep this dressing in the refrigerator for later use. It can last for a week without getting rotten.
Side tip: Make the lemon juice as fresh as possible and let your kids help you to squeeze it with a citrus juicer. They will love it!
- Cut the large tomatoes into small quarters and transfer them to your salad bowl.
Side tip: Most people don’t know much about using seeds in salad. To be honest, it could be a little bit chewy. So, don’t hesitate to toast them for just 2 minutes before tossing them into the salad bowl.
- Slice the cumber into circles (or whatever you prefer) and tip them into the bowl with tomatoes.
Side tip: Crunchy chopped salad is one you want to make in peak seasons to make use of juicy tomatoes and slightly sweety lettuce, and most ingredients become extra cheep, thanks to pleasant weather.
- Bring lettuce to the chopping board and cut them off into strips.
Side tip: You need to get rid of all tough parts of lettuce and if you don’t know what the perfect method to cut lettuce is, let’s see:
- Cut the lettuce into 4 equal quarters.
- Hold each quarter with your non-cutting hand. (take the claw position to get equal ribbons, and remember, the smaller, the better for this salad to get your fair portion of the ingredients in each spoonful)
- Repeat this method with each wedge.
- Cut off the cress stalks using kitchen scissors and add them to the salad bowl. And now, spread pomegranate seeds and toss them all together to coat.
Serve it plain, or garnish the top with crunchy croutons.
Cucumber Avocado Salad
When tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado are mixed together and drizzled with lemon and vinegar sauce, they can create magic. This combination can be some of the best ways to eat colourful veggies, and you come up with them in just 5 minutes. Our cucumber avocado salad is a nutrient-dense food that you want to come back to prepare on different occasions. So rustle up your desired salad from all the fresh veggies and make this amazing salad for your family. We promise you the easiest recipe for those who don’t have time on hand. And the most important thing is that cucumber avocado salad can be prepared all year-round, with no specific seasonal products. And even if you are not a big fan of salad, you can start thinking of this dish as a separate meal with multiple layers of fresh, tasty, sweet, spicy, and savoury flavours. It’s made up of several textures ranging from creamy, crunchy, and crispy. And colours! Oh, don’t get me started! Your dish will blend red, yellow, green, and everything in between.
Cucumber avocado or tomatoes avocado… you name it. What matters is to taste it.
What You Need to Prepare Cucumber Avocado Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 grape tomatoes, quartered (cherry tomatoes are great as well)
- ½ cucumber, quartered or sliced into thin layers
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 ½ fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cucumber Avocado Salad Recipe
- Transfer cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro to the medium salad bowl
Side tip: Like other summer salads, you can make them in large batches in advance and store them in a sealed container in a refrigerator, and to make veggies keep their crisp texture, it would be better to set dressing away from the container. Just add it when serving.
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Keep stirring till finely combined, creating a creamy sauce.
Side tip: 3 days is the most time this salad may be stored; however, the fresher it is, the better.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
And say hello to the best cucumber avocado salad ever!
Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad
As we promise you, you will find everything from classic summer salads, Mediterranean salads, Mexican salads, fall salads, Asian-originated salads, winter salads, pasta salads, tons of pasta salads and more! As we guarantee you that you enter the right salad piece. And we are now ready to share one of the most colourful pasta salads combining cucumber, tomatoes, and mint, among other things. While that’s awesome, what gives this salad more charter and flavours is that it has something for everyone. And our homemade salad dressing recipe is just wow!
Every time I perper this salad dish, it reminds me of the classic pasta I ate as a kid when my mum mixed all veggies to make a bowl of pasta. And there is no reason why I can’t still enjoy them as an adult! And it’s different from Italian pasta salad. However, it’s a mix of influences from various neighbouring countries.
And once you have landed on the page of 50 salad recipes, that means either you are crazy about salads— just like us— or you are a newbie in the kitchen. But anyway, you’d like to toss all things together to make it on busy days. And we take care of every ingredient by making the combination more creamy by mixing it with hearty green.
Bring the cucumber pasta salad with you outside wherever you go; instead, bite an unhealthy fast food burger! This recipe is one for the books 😉
What You Need to Prepare Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence (don’t have any! Okay, make a combination with dried Italian seasoning, thyme, rosemary, salt, oregano, marjoram) and feel free to skip what you don’t have!
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (replace them with any type of tomatoes but make sure to cut them into small pieces)
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked (rinse before bringing them to a boil. Leave it for at least 20 minutes over medium heat. Check how tender chickpeas become. Remove the chickpeas pot from the heat once you find them soft enough to bite. Drain and rinse again and set them aside)
Pro tip: Any chickpeas leftover can be used later. Just keep them in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups arugula, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin half circles
- 1 cup feta cheese, diced
- ½ cup basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, minced
- ½ cup mint, torn
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted (just saute the nuts over medium-high heat for only 2 minutes after adding drizzles of olive oil)
Cucumber Tomato Pasta Salad Recipe
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and don’t forget to add a pinch of salt. Pour the pasta into the boiled water and follow the instructions illustrated on the package until it becomes soft enough to bite.
Side tip: If you’d prefer to make it vegan, replace the feta cheese with halved slices of olives. This dish has combined everything from pasta to a green salad and beyond. But you are still welcome to use anything in place of anything. However, being stuck to our recipe will help you make the best pasta salads.
- Don’t wait until the pasta gets cooked. Start instantly to prepare the dressing salad recipe. Place olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, red pepper flakes, Italian herbs, and salt into a small bowl. Whisk to let it gain a saucy texture.
Side tip: This recipe is perfect for passing potlucks or serving as a dinner side, and you can also make it free of gluten by replacing traditional noodles with quinoa.
- It seems your pasta is ready. Drain and rinse. Transfer it to your serving dish and spread drizzles of olive oil and toss to coat, and let it cool off for a couple of minutes
Side tip: If you are willing to make it more greek, you can add half-moons of red onions slices and Kalamata olives and enjoy it as a complete meal on its own.
- Remember all veggies we have chopped and sliced. Add them to the paste; tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, arugula, feta cheese, parsley, basil, mint, and pine nuts. Pour our homemade dressing salad over the green-pasta combination and mixt them another to coat.
Bounce step: before serving, make your dish more polishing by spreading drizzles of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and fresh black pepper.
- Caprese Salad
Italian food has the best Mediterrane salad recipes to offer. And if you don’t have the budget to travel to Italy just yet, you can still explore the beautiful country from home! Yes, we will cover different Italian recipes and shower you with more details since we believe that Italian food is one of the most authentic and delicious foods in the world, isn’t it?
And this time we will prepare one of the most famous Italian salad dishes, Caprese salad. Within a combination of elements from across each kitchen of us, reflecting the diverse influences that the Italian culinary spirit has had throughout its history, Caprese Salad is literally cheese salad which lies the tricky part! First, you need to pick the perfect high-quality cheese to make this classic dish more flavoured.
Listen up to this important tip: avoid using it in this recipe for any cheese labelled with “low-moisture or categorised as the old version. However, you can put your spin on the dish by bringing the most beloved mozzarella chees, packed in salted water is always the better. We just need to give the salad dish a creamy and flavoured texture.
What You Need to Prepare Caprese Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella
- 4 large tomatoes, halved moons
- 1 bunch basil, destemmed and chopped (discard the stems, you don’t want to use them later)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt and black pepper or to taste
Caprese Salad Recipe
This recipe is super easy- two-step to make:
- Line mozzarella on a large plate and layer tomato slices on the top in a cyclic pattern.
Side tip: you can grill bread cubes until charred and spread them over the dish to make a full dinner meal.
Pro tip: Since the tomatoes are the superstar for this recipe, you should use ripe good, quality tomatoes. *I prefer to wait until they become extra juicy.
- Drizzle olive oil and spread a pinch of salt and fresh black pepper.
Our Caprese salad is perfect for light dinner or make-ahead lunch.
Important: Need your Caprese salad to become more flavoured? Treat it with our tasty Greek dressing. Here is what you need;
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and finely minced
- ½ cup mashed parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (half lemon is more than enough)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup yoghurt (Greek is always perfect for this dressing due to its luscious creaminess texture)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (use mortar and pestle to powder anchovy)
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper or to taste
To make Caprese dressing salad:
- Toss minced garlic, and grate the parmesan cheese (use a Microplane coming with fine holes that would make the job easier to get finely chopped cheese).
- Squeeze a half lemon over the mixture.
- Whisk them for a while and drizzle the dressing over the Caprese salad.
Side tip: I’d like to add cumin to this dressing salad recipe, but it’s optional. You can also slice one beet side by side with tomatoes to counteract the acid taste.
- Arugula Salad
You might never think of arugula as a salad. You toss it with the remaining ingredients to prepare a classic green salad most of the time. But these days are over. Instead, we will help you make an extraordinary arugula salad flavoured with lemon without mixing it with anything. It’s the simplest salad we have come up with (I know we mention easy in almost all other salad recipes. But it’s true! All our listed-above recipes are easy and handy. However, arugula will win above them all!) Most likely, this is the simplest thing you’ve ever made.
The only challenging thing is only to use fresh, hearty green, and you will get the taste you crave. You don’t even have to add any dressing. The glory of arugula is enough to make this side dish.
Important: Avoid using regular arugula, just baby, which has so much peppery flavour than you might bear. Instead, the mild flavour of baby arugula makes it a good choice.
What You Need to Prepare Arugula Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and sliced
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
Arugula Salad Recipe
- Slice the parmesan cheese into thin strips.
Side tip: You are free to customise this salad by adding extra zesty dressing (check out our Caprese dressing recipe) if you can not find baby arugula and still want to prepare it for a wholesome dinner feast.
- And chop the shallot into small circles or half circles.
Side tip: If you make it for your kids, please don’t hesitate to add their favourite veg to make it more appealing for them.
- Tip the baby arugula, lemon zest, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl. Make sure everything is well-coated by combining them well.
Side tip: Honestly, this salad is the greenest, and you can serve it with pizza, salmon, or even a pasta party. It’s never going to go wrong here!
- Finally, add the cheese stripes and shallot. Toss them all together with your hands. And that’s it!
- Chicken Orzo Salad With Pesto Dressing
This chicken salad is the most wonderful take on a blank canvas. We will help your creativity run wild. Adding a good deal of protein makes it a complete meal. So, we advise you to prepare it for a dinner meal, no need for any other dish. Plus, a mix of orzo and pesto takes the whole thing over the top. Finally, it’d be much better to use asparagus in the season to make use of its fresh taste influence.
Our chicken pesto orzo salad can be done in only 15 minutes or less (if you haven’t already cooked the chicken). It’s a blend of several cultures at once, Italy, France, and Greece.
Now, whip up a big chicken salad bowl and treat yourself and your family to a delicious meal.
Important: We used boneless breast chicken, and it’d be much better to season it ahead of time to make the meat more flavoured.
What You Need to Prepare Chicken Orzo Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 medium lemon (you will squeeze and zest the outer layer)
- 3 garlic cloves (mince two and leave one a whole)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin would be better and be ready to top the salad dish before serving)
- ½ cup almonds, peeled and toasted (after flaking almonds, fry them for no more than 2 minutes.)
- 1 bunch parsley (you use standard parsley, flat papers)
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 small bunch mint, stems removed
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese, grated (you would want extra for garnishing your plate)
- ¼ cup orzo
- ½ cup asparagus, cleaned and chopped (you can always use leeks spears in its place but minimise the amount to 1/4 )
Chicken Orzo Salad Recipe
- Layer chicken breasts on a chopping board and cover them with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Bash the meat with a mallet to get the thinner possible layers of the chicken.
Side tip: We are still clinging to our initial judgment that you can prepare the Chicken orzo salad for an under-10-minute dinner, but you should do this step ahead of time.
- Place mashed garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, and other herbs and spices in a medium salad bowl, and whisk to combine.
Side tip: This recipe is everything I want to eat right now since I investigated how many carbs it contains and feel relieved, only 33gm carbs! Awesome!
- Add chicken breasts to the marinade; toss to coat. And leave it to rest in the refrigerator till we cook the orzo.
Side tip: Our salad pesto orzo is ideal for BBQ gatherings. Bring it to a sealed container and surprise your beloved companions.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Pour the orzo and after a while (according to the following pack instructions), remove it from the heat. Drain and wash
Side tip: We have used in this recipe canned pesto sauce. However, if you have your homemade sauce, feel free to pour it over the salad dish, and don’t forget to tell us your recipe in the comments below.
- Until the pasta gets al dente, grill the chicken. Place flat skillet over medium-high heat (of course, a grill would be much better as the desired char lines will decorate the chicken, making it a real grilled breast)
Side tip: Be close to the stove as the breast will be well-cooked in just 5 minutes.
- Season asparagus spears with salt and spread drizzles of olive oil over them. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a small skillet, followed by spears for just 3 minutes till softened. Remove it from the heat and set it aside.
Side tip: Grilled chicken juices should be left in place. We’ll put it to good use in the coming.
- Pour the pesto sauce over the orzo and the chicken juices. And place them on the serving dish.
Side tip: My friend invited me before to taste its so-called chicken orzo salad, but she customised it by adding sausage in place of chicken! And as we know, hotdogs and its family have made of beef (pun intended), —don’t we?- chicken is always preferable, especially if you make it for your kids.
- Cut off the chicken beasts into slightly thin strips and transfer them into the salad dish. Then spread asparagus on top.
Important note: Uncovered canned pesto can last for just 5 days. If you don’t intend to use them shortly, purchase the smallest pesto jar.
- Sprinkle the dish with the remaining grated mint and parmesan. If you desire, a pinch of ground black pepper would be great.
Add a few drops of olive oil to your dish before serving to give it an extra sparkle.
- Classic Chicken Salad
Who said that salad is good only in summer! If you have ever said that before, trust me, you don’t understand the core concept of salads. We’ve created salads for all seasons, but our classic chicken salad is a must when winter hits. Indeed, it’s one of the best make-ahead salad recipes out there. Although many of us tend to avoid anything labelled “tradition or classic,” this recipe is brilliant enough to go for. And we promise you not to be so much traditional.
In general, when we enter the kitchen to make something special for our families, we want to break the rules to give our cuisines personality. But this method wouldn’t pay off in the classic salad case. Instead, we need to make it as deliciously creamy as possible. That’s why it’s essential to follow all steps and buy all described ingredients. It can be hard to find the right recipes, but the result will justify the efforts.
Without further odds, let’s see what you would need to make this delicious and easy salad recipe!
What You Need to Prepare Classic Chicken Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 pieces of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- ½ cup almonds, halved (toasted, if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup red grapes, halved *see! Not much traditional 🙂
- 1 small bunch of celery, cleaned and chopped
- 3 small stalks of green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated tarragon (feel free to add your favourite herbs like mint or basil, but… see important tip below)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper or to taste
Classic Chicken Salad Recipe
- Transfer chicken breast to a large pot and cover it with cold water. Spread ¼ teaspoon of salt and bring the pot over medium heat until it gets tender enough to comfortably slide a knife into the centre of the meat without difficulty.
Side tip: It becomes even tastier when adding a few springs of fresh thyme and a bay leaf (or maybe two) powdered basil, and minced garlic for additional flavour.
- Now, turn the heat down to the lowest setting and cover it tightly with a lid for no more than 10 minutes. Check it occasionally.
Side tip: This cooking method is perfect. I’ve been doing that ever since to prepare chicken skewers.
- The chicken seems well-cooked. Remove it from the pot and let it rest for a couple of minutes in the refrigerator.
Important tip: The superstar of this recipe is tarragon. It mellows beautifully with chicken. So, as possible, don’t substitute it with any other herbs.
- Now, bring the chicken breasts from the refrigerator and line them over the chopping board. Slice them into ½ inch strips.
Side tip: This salad recipe can be served with marinaded noodles for a quick summertime dinner!
- Combine Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir evenly. Then tip all sliced herbs and veggies, onions, celery, parsley, tarragon, and grapes over the mixture sauce. Don’t forget to sprinkle salt and pepper and give it a whisk to coat all ingredients.
Side tip: If you have any leftover chicken, bring them directly to the salad dish and skip the whole thing of boiling breasts.
- When it’s hot outside, put it in the fridge for a few minutes. No need to wait any longer, so gobble it up!
Your salad dish is ready to serve. So, have fun with it.
- Ranch Chicken Salad
The perfect chicken salad drizzled with ranch dressing with fresh lettuce, cabbage, and tomatoes tossed in a lemon vinaigrette. This recipe is designed to be healthy, hearty, and fresh. I keep a jar of ranch sauce in my pantry for days like this. It’s my go-to dressing!
Again, we use grilled chicken at this time, but you also are welcome to refresh any leftover brests with this tasty salad. Rech chicken salad is always the best for busy mamas. Before serving, you can prep it ahead of time and dress it with ranch sauce.
And the good news is that this salad bowl contains all possible food and nutrient groups ranging from protein, sodium, vitamins, carbs, and only 10g of fats. Super! *you could replace chicken with any other protein source like shrimp. But we suggest making it as healthy as possible by not adding any proceeded meat like bacon or canned meat.
Important: If you top the dish croutons, just add them before serving to maintain the crunchy texture.
What You Need to Prepare Ranch Chicken Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- I romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 1 medium chopped cabbage (purple would be better)
- 1 large or 2 small grape tomatoes, halved (cherry would be perfect, too!)
- 3 small radishes, sliced into thin circles *if you don’t like the peppery flavour of radish, skip it
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, thin rings
- ½ red onion, thinly chopped
- 1 chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- ½ cup seasoned croutons
- ½ cup ranch dressing
*It’s okay to store_brought, or if you are eager to use your own homemade, here are the ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parsley
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt (sour cream can be in its place)
- ½ tablespoon drill, finely ground (skip it, and parsley would be more than enough)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and black pepper or to taste
Ranch Chicken Salad Recipe
- In a medium bowl, place and season the chicken breast with ¼ teaspoon of each salt and ground black pepper. Over medium-high heat, put a non-stick skittle after pouring a teaspoon of vegetarian oil, and now saute the chicken.
Fun fact: Whenever finding a ranch sauce at the nearest grocery, I get it to make this roasted chicken salad drizzled with the heaven; I mean ranch. The two components combine beautifully, and you’d love it so much.
- Cook the chicken for 4-7 minutes and turn it over on each side until the pinky texture turns white and the chicken seems ready to add to the salad.
Side tip: When slicing the chicken breasts, cut them into half-inch pieces to cook them fast.
- If you prefer to make your ranch dressing, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, including milk, lemon juice, parsley, mayonnaise, and Greek yoghurt (Greek no standard to make it more creamy). Then add dill, onion, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper. Stir them all together and pour them into a sealed jar. Fuel your energy by shaking the container for a few minutes. Set it aside.
Side tip: It would be even better if you had prepared the ranch dressing ahead of time and left it to rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to make it thoroughly blended and get a luscious texture.
- In a serving dish, lay the slices of red onions, romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, cabbage, cucumber, carrot, and radishes. Add the grilled strips of chicken breasts. And pour the ranch dressing and toss to combine and coat.
Side tip: When making this salad, make sure to use only fresh vegetables for the best results. Therefore, you shouldn’t slice them in advance. In a single day, it may go from vibrant to wilt.
- Top the salad with the croutons, and it’s ready. *don’t forget to take a photo of your fantastic ranch chicken salad and post it in the comments
Side tip: Don’t add croutons unless you will serve them instantly. They will get mushy, which will ruin one of the delights of this dish.
- Colourful Orzo Salad
You really can’t beat this 30-second veggie-orzo dinner, typically made with hearty vegetables like basil, mint, and other colourful items from cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions. Bring all the fresh veggies you have and toss them all together. You’re about to make something that will inspire everyone. If you think they will be sturdy for you, make sure to marinate them ahead of time. But anyway, this dish is ideal for summer picnics, especially if they are coated with a zingy dressing. It’s heaven on a plate!
On cookouts, be ready with this salad dish as well. It combines Greek spirit and Italian taste; just make sure to mix up feta cheese with olives to alleviate the bold flavour.
Adding cooked orzo to the salad makes it pays off for lunch. But please don’t substitute orzo with other pasta. Your kids need to try something fresh that seduces them to eat more healthy and fresh food every time you fill their bowls.
What You Need to Prepare Colorful Orzo Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon vinegar (you can use white or apple cider, but we prefer using red wine vinegar thanks to its distinctive tangy taste)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced, or make a garlic paste to ensure there are no thin pieces left in the mixture that can be noticed
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (a friend who teaches cooking taught me that freshly pepper has always the best flavour than readymade powder. Try it, and let’s see if the result justifies the effort of grinding the pepper on your own)
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon of our zingy homemade dressing
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (again, feel free to replace it with whatever you want)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon oregano (you can leave it out if it’s not available, or try combining dried basil, parsley, and thyme and mash them in mortar and pestle)
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut in lengthwise and slice into thin half-moons
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked (just place ¾ cup chickpeas in boiled salted water and after 15 minutes or until al dente. Remove from the heat, drain and wash and set it aside to cool off. However, you can make it in advance to keep them in an airtight container)
- ½ cup feta cheese, cubed
- ½ red onions, sliced or thin rings
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved *readymade or make it on your own
- 1 cup fresh destemmed mint leaves or chopped basil
- ¼ freshly ground black pepper
Colourful Orzo Salad Recipe
- Start with the dressing. And it’s easier; just mix all ingredients from the vinegar, garlic, mustard, olive oil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir them to combine and let them in the refrigerator for at least one night
Side tip: I also find it pleasing to pour them directly into a salad if you don’t have time. Shaking the dressing jar is sometimes enough. And we promise that you will say goodbye to any sad salads. This dressing has a magical effect more than you might imagine.
- In a large pan filled with boiled salted water, pour the orzo and leave it until it becomes tender enough to bite, or it would be even better to follow the package instructions. Remove the pan. Drain and rinse the pasta.
Side tip: Drizzle the pasta with 2 tablespoons of olive oil to prevent them from getting stuck. And spread the orzo on a flat baking plat to cool until you prepare the other stuff.
- Mix one tablespoon of our zingy dressing with lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, and salt in a small bowl.
Side tip: When purchasing the feta cheese, just pick the white and dense, which will give you the luscious creaminess needed for this recipe.
- Tip the cooked orzo, cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas, cubes, red onion, and olives in your desired serving salad bowl. Now sprinkle the dressing and stir well to make the ingredients well-coated to counteract the acid of veggies here.
Pro chef tip: As we promise you the best salad recipe, season the herbs with freshly ground black pepper before adding them to the salad to guarantee your dish will be full of flavours.
- Shrimp Salad (Revolutionary Recipe)
This combination will truly delight you. I live shrimps, and everyone does, don’t they?
It has a massive influence on anything added to. And when you make shrimp salad, this influence becomes even more apparent. After making our special shrimp salad recipe, I bet you it will be your favourite for years to come. This salad can be served in marinaded noodles or eat it plain. And like any other salads, feel free to replace herbs or add your favourite, but please don’t forget to tell us about your super components in the comments below. This shrimp salad recipe is exceptional for those who are always craving to try exotic things. This recipe is for daredevils. This recipe will be topped with mango! (Oh, yeah! Surprise 🙂 Yes, like you heard. We made mango mellows with shrimps. That’s why we see “revolutionary recipe” fits in nicely! It’s just a few ideas of what you will prepare for your beloved ones. Let’s get started!
Important: This salad is delicious just if you have made efforts to bring the same herbs and spices— if so, everything becomes insanely easy. However, I’ll suggest a few favourite substitutes for some ingredients.
What You Need to Prepare Shrimp Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 tablespoon white or yellow miso (substance it with a pinch of soy sauce; however, miso will be much better due to its creamy texture and deeply savoury flavour. Soy Sauce is more liquid than anything else)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly ground (you can use ginger powder; however, fresh is much more wholesome, coming with intense flavour which matches excellently with a fishy taste of shrimps.)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil *(If you only have regular sesame oil, toast it over heat for 5 minutes and keep swirling till the oil becomes darker. Toasted sesame oil has a nutty flavour matching amazing with seafood. The only substitute which can be replaced in this case is perilla oil)
For the salad:
- 300 kg or 1 lb. shrimps, peeled (make sure to get rid of the little black line in the centre, or you can buy it called “deveining shrimps”)
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste (Honestly, I like it more than that, especially with shrimps)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small cabbage, shredded to slightly thin strips (Here is my secret: one day my friend advised me to try Chinese or nape cabbage which was the most brilliant advice ever given to me. It’s leafier, making it easy to slice)
- 1 large mango, sliced (Noway, mango is a must here and will be a great match with other components. Just pick a ripe one to be able to chop without being mashed)
- 2 small cumbers, sliced into ½ inch circles. (Use Persian cucumbers for this salad)
- 1 small avocado, diced
- ½ cup peanuts, halved, salted, and roasted (you can fry them for 5 minutes over medium-high heat to make them flavoured and crunchier
- ½ cup fresh chopped basil or cilantro
Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Put all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
Side tip: However, it’s shrimp salad; you are welcome to bring grilled chicken or fried salmon if you need to make it right away, and there are no shrimp in the refrigerator.
- Dress shrimp perfectly with salt and pepper (after, of course, cleaning and deveining) and let it for at least 20 minutes.
Side tip: Use medium-sized shrimps to make this salad easy to eat with other veggies and fruits.
- Place a medium non-stick pan over high-medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and tip shrimps. Swirl on each side until pink for 4 minutes.
Side tip: Shrimps become sturdy if you don’t keep your eyes on them while cooking. Remember no more than 4 minutes.
- At the bottom of the salad bowl, transfer cumbers, mango, carbage, and avocado—spread drizzles of dressing all over and toss to coat. Avoid crushing the mango by being careful with the ingredients while combining them.
Side tip: There is no need to stem cilantro; use scissors to cut the leaves into tiny pieces.
- Top your salad dish with shrimps, peanuts, and other herbs (cilantro or basil)
- Wow Green Salad
A mixture of colourful and fresh veggies with a splash of our homemade Italian dressing for brightness and boom! You’re all set. At the first look, you think it’s a basic green salad, why WOW! Yeah, it consists of the staples of each fresh salad diet.
Despite that, our recipe is flavoured and zippy because we like to accent the veggies with punchy dressing and the right herbs. You will be killing it by setting up the perfect base for our wow green salad recipe! And grinch our dish with parmesan shavings for maximum flavour.
If you want to make it a main dish, you can add slices of hard-boiled eggs, tuna, grilled chicken, or even fruits like pineapple or pear.
Top the salad dish with any mozzarella packed in water or brine for kids to get the best cheese flavour and texture.
Alright, let’s get our hands on WOW green salad!
What You Need to Prepare Wow Green Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- ½ cup seasoned croutons (look for the croutons recipe in this post) OR (purchase it readymade)
- 2 tablespoons of our homemade Italian dressing (look for our bright recipe in the same post as well)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups butter lettuce, chopped (the one difference between romaine and butter is that the second has a mild flavour and its tender leaves.
- ½ cup red onions, sliced
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or sliced based on their size
- ½ cup Kalamata olives halved and pitted
- ½ cup pepperoncini, chopped into minor cuts
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded *skip it if you are looking for a vegetarian recipe.
Wow Green Salad Recipe
- Line both types of lettuce and chop them into ½ inch pieces
Side tip: To maintain the crunchy texture of the salad, keep the dressing away when storing it in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, tip all hearty greens, add veggies, olives, pepperoncini, and parmesan shavings, and top them with our homemade croutons. Dress them with the Italian sauce; toss to coat.
Bring our classic (but not literally classic) while watching your favourite movie, and it will be your soul mate’s green salad; there is no question!
- Glorious Noodles Salad
This fresh noodles salad will liven up any summer meal for a quick launch or a big dinner. It’s a mix of seasoned pasta topped with yummy chicken skewers coated with honey for a complete meal. If you have never tried it before, you’re missing out.
The only drawback is that you could need to marinate the chicken ahead of time to be a guaranteed hit. Otherwise, this salad can be ideal for your next picnic. And to cut off some time, bring boneless and skinless breasts or thighs to save your efforts for chopping herbs and squeezing a lemon.
In this recipe, we used mangetout, which has very small peas inside with a mild flavour, and you can find it in July and August. Otherwise, ordinary pees can be in their place.
Important: This recipe is not for improvisations. You need to follow all instructions to make the most of this tasty salad.
What You Need to Prepare Glorious Noodles Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 4 breasts or 6 thighs chicken, boneless and skinless
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ inch chopped piece of ginger (don’t have fresh ginger. Okay, try ⅓ teaspoon ginger but don’t forget to purchase it your next time in the grocery)
- 6 tablespoon sesame oil (sesame oil melts perfectly with other noodles salad recipes; however, you can substitute it with 1 tablespoon olive oil for a loss-weight diet.)
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 6 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 limes, squeezed
- ½ cup of mangetout peas
- 250gm egg noddles (or you can use any pasta your kids like)
- 1 large corrects, small cubes after peeled, or you can grate it if your kids are still so young to chew tough items)
- ½ bunch of parsley and coriander, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional for branching)
Glorious Noodles Salad Recipe
- Lay the chicken on the chopping board and cut them into large chunks that you can insert into skewers.
Side tip: You can use one ripped tomato to make your noodles salad more colourful.
- Whisk grated garlic, ginger, sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Side tip: The chicken needs to be coated with the herbs mixture for at least 3 hours, or you can keep it in the refrigerator overnight. (I hope you come across this recipe a day before your feast to let the chicken chill appropriately. Otherwise, prepare your ingredients for now to cook it tomorrow.)
- Pour the half of marinade over the chicken pieces and keep the rest for the noodles.
Side tip: This salad idea works find for a variety of seasons. However, in winter, you can eat it hot to warm up.
- Place a pot of water over medium-high heat, and before reaching boiling point, add the mangetout and cook it for only 1 minute. Immediately, remove the pot, drain and rinse the peas with cold water.
Side tip: Cold water will help the veggies keep their green colour.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. And when it becomes tender, drain and rinse the pasta.
Side tip: If you saute the chicken in fried garlic, slice it very thinly rather than mince it, preventing getting easily burnt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk mangetout, noodles, carrot, sesame seeds, parsley and coriander with the remaining dressing.
Side tip: What, no skewers? Don’t worry! Chicken and noodles may be combined, but your kids will be more likely to like the meat if it has been tormented on these wooden sticks beforehand.
- Preheat the oven. Insert skewers into the chicken chunks and position them vertically along with the baking dish to hang but not touch the bottom of the bowl. And leave it well-cooked for 11 minutes.
Side tip: This technique will help you grill the chicken without burning or getting gristly.
- Keep an eye on the meat in the oven and rotate the skewers to make sure it’s done. Place the grilled chicken over the noodles and enjoy!
Side tip: If you want to make it a fresh salad, leave it for a while to cool off and add them to your salad dish.
Squeeze a half lemon over the noodles and chicken before serving to make your dish blazing.
- Chickpea Salad
What I like about the kitchen and recipes is that they will bring different cultures into just one place. For example, there is no organic salad recipe without being influenced by other countries, and this influence varies across the same country based on the location and other geographical factors. For instance, if you look at the recipes commonly used on the north coast side of Egypt, you can find Greek mixed with Mediterranean cuisines, while in Aswan in the south, you will see Sudan is more prominent.
Chickpeas salad is a recipe that you can find in Italy and Lavant. Also, it’s a big deal while trotting through the streets of Greece. You will find it served in cafes as detachable appetisers or in classy restaurants as a starter, in which it’s carted mashed.
But because we have compiled an assortment of salad recipes that can work regardless of the season, we prefer to make it combined with other healthy veggies.
Let’s build layers of flavours and see what we can come up with!
What You Need to Prepare Chickpea Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 can chickpea *(I use readymade chickpea because it’s easy to find at any Mediterranean grocery. But if you have found dried chickpeas, pick them up instantly, boil till al dente and rinse. It will make your recipe even better.)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 red chile pepper, thin stripes
- 2 cups gripe or cheery tomatoes, halves (big tomatoes should be cut into small dices)
- ½ cup feta cheese, diced
- ¼ cup parsley, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of our homemade lemon vinaigrette (check the dressing for broccoli salad)
Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Add all veggies to a large mixing bowl and be ready with the lemon vinaigrette.
Side tip: This Mediterranean chickpea salad can be stored in the refrigerator for a week without whittling like other green salads. That’s why it’s your ultimate summer recipe.
- Give a salad a gentle stir to coat all ingredients. And you can serve it now.
Side tip: Everyone should be a fan of chickpea salad, not just because it’s easy to make within no time. But also it’s nutrient and helps a lot to put an end to any digestive issues. And it has a wealth of fibre that allows anyone who wants to follow a diet plan for weight loss.
- Easy Orzo Pasta Salad
Who could say to this beauty?
We have included several orzo pastas. But this win. It’s an easy salad recipe without so many ingredients and cut things (if you hate the chopping process like me, this salad will be your favourite). That is definitely going to make your mouth water
All ingredients are easy to find, and I have thought of opening an orzo pasta salad cart! It will get booming without any doubt! And to maximise the flavour, don’t substitute our dressing with anything else. It will give the orzo salad a creamy coating. The mixture of veggies with chunks of feta cheese adds juicy pops of savoury! Adding raw, thinly sliced cucumbers and tomatoes is exceptionally crunchy and sweet.
But why orzo and not any other pasta?
Good question! Orzo comes in a little rice-sized shape. It does not include large pasta, so it would be suitable for children and not overload the plate. However, even if no kids are involved, the orzo makes it appear like a standard salad that one may bring to a barbecue or picnic gathering.
What You Need to Prepare Orzo Pasta Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried and ground (drill can be in its place)
- ¼ teaspoon of each; salt and ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (big tomatoes cut in quarters)
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced (or kids peeled first)
- ½ cup red onion, finely sliced into rings
- ½ cup Kalamata olive pitted and halved
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup drill or parsley, finely chopped
Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe
- Bring a pot of water to boil, then add orzo to simmer. Leave the pasta till al dente. (generally, you’d need 8-10 minutes to cook the orzo but always follow the package instructions)
Side tip: This salad serves three people, but you can easily double or triple the recipe to suit your needs since it keeps in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Drain and wash the pasta under cold water and let it cool off aside.
Pro tip: I always use this recipe when I have some leftovers in the refrigerator and don’t want what I have to do with them. Some pasta, some chopped veggies, lemon dressing, it’s pasta salad time 😉 However, fresh ingredients are highly recommended.
- After leaving the pasta for at least 15 minutes, combine all ingredients with orzo in a large bowl and give it a gentle stir.
Pro tip: In winter, you can serve this salad hot but put cucumbers and tomatoes aside. Just orzo with our dreamy dressing recipe.
- Whisk all ingredients of the dressing in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Pro tip: You can make large batches of this sauce and use it anytime. Just keep it in a tightly sealed small container.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to coat and serve it plain or with any kind of grilled meat.
- Sweat Pasta Salad
When you are looking for something light for hot days, your options are limited— no soup, no fish, and no pies! You will open a food guide to find something easy to make since no one wants to spend midday in the kitchen (so unbearably hot)
What about French dishes like salmon en papillote! Oh, it seems complicated— so much unsalted butter to handle, in addition, you don’t have salmon, and it’s also fish! Also, you’d need to stay close to the stove as high-medium heat can cause it easily burn! Oh, heat again, No thanks! Forget about it.
Looking for a green salad, but with some magic additions?
What about serving traditional meals like vegan pasta salad following our secret recipes! And no worries, it’s for as little as £15 or £18, and there will be leftovers to refresh other cuisines later.
Important: You just need to prepare the dressing ahead of time to let it perfectly combine in the refrigerator.
But feel free to use our lemon vinaigrette for savoury flavour; it’s a beautifully good replacement.
What You Need to Prepare Sweat Pasta Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 tablespoon tahini paste *bring it from the nearest Mediterranean or Middle East grocery, but if you are willing to have a low-calorie dish, sweep it with unsweetened almond butter.
- ½ cup almond milk (feel free to use cashew milk or even water)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (white wine vinegar is okay as well)
- ⅓ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon maple syrup *(honey can use here, but you will need to add 2 tablespoons of water to fix its creamy and crystalised consistency.
- ½ teaspoon of each; salt and freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup green beans, cut in lengthwise, then sliced into ½ inch pieces (if you have found haricots verts, it would be much better since it’s longer, thinner, and can be eaten raw with an intense flavour. Find it in the summer.)
- 2 cup short-shaped pasta *use any curly like fusilli or any spiral types
- 2 medium summer squash, thinly sliced (we use yellow squash in this recipe due to its sweet taste and rich seeds. Anyway, zucchini can be in its place)
- 1 artichoke, boiled, drained, then quartered (we use the hearts of artichoke because it’s an ideal source of fibre along with other rich nutritions. Don’t replace it, please)
- ⅓ cup pea or navy beans, boiled, drained, and rinsed
- 1 filled measured cup of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (big pieces should be cut into small diced)
- ¼ cup red onion rings
- ¼ cup kalamata olive pitted and halved
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped *use the kitchen scissors to save time
- ½ cup basil, finely chopped *again, the kitchen scissors are perfect for this purpose)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds for adorning (dried sesame seeds are great as well, but they may be left out at the end if desired.)
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste (some chefs prefer sea salt others say kosher is the best. Feel free to use what you have in the poultry)
Sweat Pasta Salad Recipe
- Bring a pot of water to boil. And be ready with a bowl filled with ice water behind the stove. Pour green beans into the water for just 1 minute and then drain and rinse the greens instantly. Then place them in the ice water to maintain their vibrant green colour.
Side tip: Gluten-free pasta works fine in this recipe if you follow a special diet. Or use an air fryer for cooking the pasta to make this tempting dish! Yes, of course, you can, and it’s great for a low carb plan.
- Place a pot of salted water over high-medium heat. Once the water creates bubbles, transfer the pasta and leave it well-cooked or until al dente. Remove the pot, drain the pasta and run cold water over it. *Remember, we don’t need to make the pasta so tender that it can be easily crumbled when stirring. Instead, be stuck to the package instructions.
Side tip: Make this salad balanced with pasta and veggies to reduce the carb and turn it into a healthy recipe.
- Now, we will make the yummy dressing recipe for pasta salad. Place all dressing ingredients: tahini, milk, lemon juice, mustard, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Whisk them all together till thoroughly combined.
Side tip: If you don’t like navy beans, use roasted red pepper in the oven or over a grill pan to get lovely char marks. And don’t forget to coat it in garlic powder and sweet paprika to minimise the peppery taste.
- In a large dish salad, transfer the cooked pasta, green beans, yellow squash, artichoke (you can grill for 2 minutes to reduce the crunchy texture), cherry tomatoes, red onions, and olive halves.
Side tip: If you don’t mind making non-vegan sweet pasta salad, add ¾ shredded mozzarella to take this dish to the next level.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and toss them finely to well-coated all veggies and pasta.
Side tip: Make this salad recipe as a side dish with homemade burgers. Or make it more originated by adding toasted aish baldi (which means both “national” and “bread” in Egyptian Arabic), and it will be more customised for dinner parties.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs, parsley and drill on the top. In the end, a pinch of sunflower seeds would be unique for garnishing your dish.
- Potato Salad
Not everyone can think of potato as a potential delicious salad. We might mash potato drizzled with olive oil or make a vegetable soup with half water and half a mixture of veggies. Or even boiled potato and then cut it into chunks with a pinch of sea salt. And, of course, anyone has a strong opinion as to where you can make the best version of this central component in each kitchen. But, without any question, potatoes are a vegetable that can never get overrated.
But make a creamy gold potato salad! Nay!
But we will change your mind about what you can do with this root vegetable.
Unlike other green veggies salads, start with the potatoes followed by a boiled egg as a base, and mix in seasoned ingredients like celery leaves and red onions. It’s filled with protein and minerals tossed in a fair deal of healthy fats. And, of course, we can not undermine any dressing. So, dress it well with your desired sauce after combining all components.
What You Need to Prepare Potato Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, washed, and cut into 1-inch pieces (We use Yukon Gold ones due to their smooth texture and thin waxy skin. However, any potatoes can be a suitable replacement except russet. It would be crunchier to add to the salad and chewy. Speaking to the closet substitute, you need to know Carola potato is the best)
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream (you can make it easily by stirring milk cream or buttermilk with 1 teaspoon white vinegar and ½ squeezed lemon. Let it for at least 2 hours in a sealed jar.)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (yellow is a less tinged flavour)
- ½ cup bread and butter pickles (it’s always better than sour pickles thanks to its sweetness. However, if you don’t mind the tangy and salty taste, add any types you have)
Pro chef: we will need a pickle juice to level up the delicious sense.
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, powder or freshly chopped and then mashed to create a paste
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped into small rings
- 1 large or 3 smaller celery roots, cleaned and shredded
- Smoked or sweet paprika (for decorating your dish, skip if you desire)
- ¼ cup parsley, cleaned and chopped
Potato Salad Recipe
- After cleaning well to get rid of any grits and peeled and cubbed, place potatoes in a pot of water. Potatoes should be covered 2 inches above. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt, bring the water to a boil, and turn the heat down to simmer. Leave it for 10 minutes or till the potatoes become tender.
Side tip: If you want to simplify the salty taste of our potato salad, we recommend skipping pickles only, not the juice, which makes it distinguishable from any other.
- Once it softens, transfer the potatoes to a colander over a pot and set it aside to cool off until we finish preparing the other ingredients.
Side tip: you can boil potatoes up to three days ahead for summer picnics and cookouts. Just make sure it has been stored well in a tightly covered container.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and use a slotted spoon to gently place the eggs in the bottom of the pot to prevent any cracks. And put a bowl of ice water behind the stove.
Side tip: Hard-boiled eggs have the most pleasing consistency. So don’t boil it too long. Ten minutes is all that is needed to get the proper texture.
- Now tip the eggs into the ice water to cool and then slice the eggs into diced-shaped pieces.
Side tip: This salad is served cold, but it would be even better to leave it for 2 hours outside the refrigerator. And it can be an appetiser as well for many meals.
- In a large dish, Mix mustard, sour butter, pickle juice, and cayenne to combine well. Then add the other ingredients: chopped pickles, onions, celery, cooked potatoes, and sliced eggs. And toss them all together.
Side tip: Listen up to this critical step: stir manually is the best, in this case, to keep ingredients intact.
- Season the dish with paprika, salt, and pepper. And finish it off with a flourish of paisley.
Side tip: If you want to serve this dish to your babies, mash the potatoes, making it a paste and don’t add any spicy herbs, of course, such as cayenne or paprika.
- Strawberry Salad
I think spinach is such an underrated hearty green that can amazingly mellow with many things, even strawberries. But let’s ask the actual good question, do you make any strawberry salad before? And we don’t here talk about fruit salad. So I guess the answer is NO! And no one can blame you. We have limited the potential of strawberries for just sweety purposes— maybe eating it plain or squeezed to make fresh juice or even strawberry pies or cakes.
It’s a call to reshape strawberries to make a green salad topped with onions and dressed with a special sauce. It’ll be a whole meal filled with sweaty pops of fruits added to feta cheese and other nuts. You even can finish it with toasted pumpkin seeds or pepitas.
The combination could seem weird, but we promise you’ll be dreaming about this strawberry version from now until forever.
What You Need to Prepare Strawberry Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cup strawberries, sliced or halved for small ones
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cup springs fresh spinach (my friend used thyme and mint in its place, and I like it as well if you’d like the bitter flavour of spinach)
- ½ cup mixed greens (you can use any chopped fresh produce in the refrigerator like a handful of leaf, drill, parsley)
- ½ cup dried or toasted pecans (replace it with walnuts if desired)
- 1 cup feta cheese, shredded or crumbled ( for a perfect summer combo, skip it as you like)
Strawberry Salad Recipe
- Start with preparing the dressing: Place the strawberry slices in a blender or any food processor and add other ingredients. Turn it on until getting the desired smoothy texture.
Side tip: I always prefer an immersion blender, thanks to its fast pace. However, you are welcome to use any standard blender. Just ensure that it has been combined well before adding it to the salad bowl.
- Shiver the tops of strawberries. Run water over it to get rid of all grits. Then slice them into halves.
Side tip: However, some salads are created to be ripe for improvisions; it’s hard to replace baby spinach with standard leaves. The first is super due to its mild flavour.
- Slice the onions into thin circles. Then prepare the spinach by washing and chopping the large leaves.
Side tip: If you’re pressed for time, you may forgo roasting the pecans. This extra step is just for enriching the flavour.
- In a large bowl, add the hearty greens (baby spinach and other mixed), pour the strawberry dressing and toss to coat. Then place the strawberry slices and drizzle them with the sauce. And serve it as a light dinner.
Side tip: Have strawberry dressing leftovers? No worries at all. Store it in an airtight container for 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Chicken Breasts Salad
Let’s go to our favourite chicken salad, from chopped to wedge veggies topped with grilled chicken breasts. The tricky step of this beloved salad is that we use an air fryer to grill the breasts. Marinade the meat or keep it plain if you prefer. It doesn’t matter as long as you’ll cook it by deep-frying without oil.
I hear, “No air fryer,” right? Okay, grill it over medium-high but please season the breasts well and leave tonight. Also, mix up spices to interest to help the chicken soak up all flavours.
This salad will help you skip pizza delivery tonight. It can be prepared in only 5 minutes (Or if you prefer, you might need 15 minutes to cook the breasts on the stove)
In the end, we will enable you to get creative with the texture. Anyhow, it’s so delicious and easy to cook.
What You Need to Prepare Chicken Breasts Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil (my pro chef friend suggested using it in my recipes, and I found it WOW! But oliva oil is a suitable replacement)
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic granules (you are welcome to put garlic powder in its place. But the granules have an intense flavour we’d need to season the breasts. Keep it the next time you’ll go to the grocery)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (what is the difference? Well, unsmoked red paprika has a sweeter taste than any other. Reduce it by using the right condiments, which are smoked spices)
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (a combination of drill, parsley, mint, and cilantro)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A bowl of steamed veggies like broccoli or chopped chunks of fresh vegetables like tomatoes and cucumbers and destemmed cress or kale.
Chicken Breasts Salad Recipe
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and olive oil and let them rest aside.
Side tip: make this step ahead of time to help the meat become juicier.
- In a medium bowl, add the garlic cloves, another pinch of salt, paprika, mixed herbs, and a handful of black pepper. Stir them thoroughly and spread the mixture over the chicken.
Side tip: If you have a freshly-ground white pepper, add a scant to take the flavour to the next level. When it comes to marinading the chicken, take every spring herb you have to get a fancy steak like anything before.
- Cover each breast chicken with our tangy marinade and place them into the air fryer basket. Turn the heat to 180C and cook it for at least 20 minutes. Check it frequently, and don’t take the beasts out of the fryer without making sure it has been well-cooked.
Side tip: Insert a knife into the thickest part of the chicken. Turn the fryer off if you see the meat turning pink into white and the juice running clear.
- Bring any salad leftovers from the refrigerator, green or noodles salad and top it with the healthy grilled chicken. Or you can replace the veggies with steamed broccoli.
Side tip: If you don’t have a steamer and want to steam broccoli or green vegetables, you may use the pressure approach. Add a colander on the top of a boiling basin of water. Coarsely chop all vegetables you want to use, place them into the colander and cover the whole bowl with a lid. It will be good to go in about seven minutes. Then, removing the veggies, run them under cold water.
- Scatter any creamy goddess dressing to hot the crunchy texture of the veggies.
This meal looks good year-round, and you may serve a variety of functions, for launch is okay; dinner is much better.
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad
You don’t want to miss the shrimp in this best seafood salad you’d ever eat. This lighten-up take on avocado salad melted with asparagus and dressed the whole thing with lemon vinaigrette will bring you the spring vibes directly to your table. It’s not like any classic shrimp salad. Our recipe comes with an additionally crunchy texture with an unusual mixture; avocado and spinach here are heavens for all salad foodies.
If the shrimps are somewhat salty, add other colourful layers to balance the savour. It would be perfect for the flavours and dish look. So, go with thinly diced tomatoes.
But why is this salad the best? -especially if you’re looking for shrimp ideas rather than just grilling or frying.
First, it can be served as a side dish or a main course. Second, It’s easy to make with easy-to-find ingredients, no matter where you are. Third, it’s a rich fibrous dish that will help you feel full after devouring a few spoons.
The only thing to consider is to use chilli powder even if you don’t like spicy. This addition is a must to break any fishy taste since we will boil the shrimp.
What You Need to Prepare Shrimp and Avocado Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 cups shrimps, peeled and deveined (any shrimps are delicate for this salad; however, we don’t prefer giant sizes since they will take more time to be well-cooked, and you will have to finely slice them to receive all of the components in each bite.)
- 2 cups baby spinach (large leaves or standard spinach are required to be thinly chopped and lightly pickled in lemon juice to break the bitter taste)
- ¼ cup fresh finely chopped parsley
- 1 avocado, half-moon slices
- 2 green onions, sliced or thinly rings
- ¼ salt and black pepper or to taste
*Use our lemon vinaigrette to coat all ingredients before serving.
Shrimp and Avocado Salad Recipe
- In a medium pot of water, tip the shrimps inside after boiling. Leave the shrimps for only 3 minutes, transfer them into a colander, rinse, and set aside.
Side tip: You can season the shrimp with lemon and vinegar if you have enough time.
- Over medium heat, place the pot of water and bring it to a boil. Now add asparagus to cook for only 3 minutes. Pick the asparagus out from the water with a skimmer, drain it, and slice it into ½ inch pieces.
Side tip: Make sure to have baby spinach in your kitchen if you want to inject your diet with healthy salad recipes. It blends beautifully with almost everything.
- Add shrimp, baby spinach, avocado, and green onion to your desired salad bowl. Season it with two tablespoons of our lemon dressing with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
And it’s ready to serve. You can add seasoned bread bites at the top if you desire.
Perfect Corn Salad
Our aim for this delicious dish is to get a variety of textures with every bite. We have come up with the perfect way to use the corn on the cob for a seamless summer salad. The whole preparation will not take more than five minutes, and the result will awe everyone. You can’t get more classic than our corn salad recipe on special occasions like Thanksgiving when you serve it with grilled Turiskh steaks.
The yellow hues of corn will make it more appealing for your food blog if you have any. It’s loaded to the brim with sweet cherry tomatoes, grilled corn, and fresh basil tossed with creamy ricotta cheese.
And for the signature summer taste, you can slice jalapeno mellow perfectly with cheese.
Important: We choose ricotta Salata cheese because it has a higher salt content than any other kind of ricotta, ensuring that it will maintain its consistency even after being combined with the other components.
What You Need to Prepare Perfect Corn Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 cups of corn (you might need 3 average sizes of the ear. Even though canned readymade corn can be easier to add to your salad, remember you name this salad “Perfect Corn Salad”, which means the perfect way to make it is required. And fresh kernels are always better to use up, especially in the summer when the best produce is at its peak.)
Important: don’t remove corn kernels from the cob before cooking it.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (it seems weird to add butter to a fresh salad, but it will yield the perfect recipe to make.)
Pro chef tip: Don’t use salt in lieu of unsalted butter if you don’t have any on hand. It will affect horribly to the taste. Instead, use margarine or overlook the butter all along.
- ½ cup fresh finely chopped scallions or leeks
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (try to find cheery to have a sweet taste)
- ½ cup of ricotta salata cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt or for taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
Perfect Corn Salad Recipe
- Turn on the grill to medium-high heat. Line a baking dish with the aluminium foil, then place the cob of corn and add 2 tablespoons of butter on top of each corn. Roll and seal the foil.
Side tip: To get the kernels off the cob, lean the cob at a 90-degree angle on a flat dish and then use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the cob. Make it slowly and gradually so that the grains don’t fly everywhere.
- After 15 minutes of preheating, put the dish on the grill and flip the corn rolls over on each side. You will need 15 minutes. Just make sure to let each side 5 minutes to grill.
Side tip: Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 5 days.
- Get the corn dish out of the oven and set it aside to cool for 15 minutes. Once it becomes cool enough, cut kernels off and place them in a large bowl.
Side tip: This fantastic dish can be served with burgers, seafood, or lamb feast. It’s always perfect for BBQ gatherings.
- Tip scallions, tomatoes, and ricotta Salata into the salad dish. Then pour olive oil over the veggies. Then sprinkle a handful of salt and pepper. Toss to combine and coat and then taste. Add any seasoning to adjust the taste if required.
Side tip: You can customise this salad with whatever vegetables you have. The primary item here is corn, which can match beautifully with cucumbers, grilled zucchini, or green peppers.
- Garnish your dish with basil leaves and give the salad another gentle stir to make your plate more colourful.
And then invite your family to taste your irresistible dish *mic drop 🙂
- Spring Quinoa Salad
You can easily switch to this awesome spring salad when you get bored of green salad. It’s not basically salad as a number of steps are included, but it’s a combo of diversity and vibrancy. The full recipe will cheese, hearty greens, and detachable savoury dressing. In addition, each bite from our quinoa salad will be loaded with all nutrient elements. That’s why you will need to make your kids love this recipe.
Honestly, it’s not this kind of salad that will prepare in 5 minutes, but you can make a large batch of it to serve it with different dishes like red sauce pasta or grilled sausage. I like to top it with smoky roasted nuts to add a different texture while finishing my work at night or take it away to a cookout.
In this recipe, we tried hard to make use of all summer’s vibrant greens, such as asparagus and peas. But you’re welcome to use any other veggies in your refrigerator to take their place. Try to add carrots if desired.
What You Need to Prepare Spring Quinoa Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt (if you don’t have any, you can use plain yoghurt added to 2 tablespoons of whole milk and combine them well)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce (almond butter can take its place)
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or tarragon, finely chopped
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa (I know many of us doesn’t give quinoa the attention it deserves. However, it’s a super nutrient, and you can make it delicious. It’s the healthier choice if you are looking for something to fill you up faster without heating large portions)
- 1 ½ cup of water (we may use additional water to make it thinner)
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough roots removed
- 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh (canned or fresh bunch)
- ¾ cup pickled red onions *(you can get a readymade jar from the nearest grocery or make homemade pickled onions are also available. It’s straightforward with easy ingredients. You’d have to prepare it ahead of time. All you need to do is to cut an onion into slices. Heat water white and apple cider vinegar, pepper flakes, maple syrup or honey, and salt to a simmer. Then add to the onions jar, which can last for 4 weeks. The more you leave the onions to soak up the armour and flavour., the better taste you will get.)
- ¼ cup fresh finely chopped parsley (chives can be a good replacement as well)
- Zest of 1 lemon (choose a lemon that is thick enough to shave without hurting yourself.)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed (a half lemon is enough for this purpose)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 hard-boiled egg, shredded
- ¼ cup mint or basil to garnish
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Spring Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Place the yoghurt, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, fresh herbs, and salt in the food processor to prepare the dressing. Turn it on till you get the desired consistency.
Side tip: The dressing should be saucy and creamy to get a super fresh and satisfying salad. If it’s so thick, add ¼ cup of water gradually and blend again.
- Wash the quinoa for a couple of minutes. Then, in a large pot of water, pour the quinoa. Bing it to a boil. Then turn down the heat and let it be well-cooked for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set it aside for another 10 minutes.
Important: Don’t remove the lid even if you are sure it has been cooked by inserting a fork into the quinoa. Steam will make the magic to make it smoother.
- Bring two pots of water. The first is to boil asparagus, and the second is filled with ice water to cool it up.
Side tip: You can be ready with cooked chickpeas to enhance the protein for this dish. And it will be a crucial final addition. However, it can be replaced with toasted pumpkin seeds for a similar effect.
- Grate asparagus into small pieces using scissors and throw them into the boiling water for only 1 minute. Immediately, drain and transfer to the ice water for another 1 minute and then drain and let it dry before adding to the salad dish.
Side tip: If you don’t like chopping eggs, you can use feta chess instead. And I am pretty sure it will amaze everyone around the table.
- Transfer the quinoa, asparagus, peas, pickled onions, chopped herbs, and lemon zest into a large dish. Toss to combine all ingredients. Sprinkle salt, lemon juice, and a pinch of black pepper and toss again to coat. Taste and feel free to adjust the flavour as you desire.
Side tip: You don’t need to serve anything behind this dish. It tastes like a flavoured salad with layers of protein and fibres that will help you feel full immediately.
- Dress with our green goddess sauce and garnish your dish with chopped fresh herbs and shredded eggs.
- Green Pasta Salad
Name a better salad than a combination of pasta and fresh greenery, and we’ll wait. Nothing can beat this, especially if you are looking for something to prepare for a summer family outing and you prefer to be chock packed with all healthy stuff. The best time to bring this colourful plate to your table in the summer is to enjoy sun-dunched fruits making them extra fresh and satisfying. This bright green pasta salad is packed with fresh vegetables and dressed with a savoury dressing. Adopting this salad and dousing it in our tangy sauce is the best way to cement a love of broccoli in your children, or even get them to devour it without realising it’s there. They will thank you for this delicious meal.
Honestly, no salad can be completed without including this recipe. You can make it in advance and store it in a sealed container, and it will maintain its desired flavours.
What You Need to Prepare Green Pasta Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice; you may need extra to season the salad at the end
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, ground
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon salt or to a taste
- ¼ cup water (you might need more if the constancy is thicker than required)
- 3 cup small pieces of broccoli (use the florets only and remove steam and tough parts)
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups fusilli pasta (we used in this recipe gluten-free package to make it healthier. Any other pasta is much welcome!)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (you can use other kinds like grape, but don’t leave large pieces in the dish.)
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed (you can get a readymade jar from the nearest grocery, or you can make it ahead of time and use whatever you want in different recipes)
Side tip: To have oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, you must dry them first. Bring halved cherry tomatoes, preheat the oven and line the baking dish with parchment pepper. And spread the cheery halves and bake for at least 2.5 hours. Once it has dried enough, remove it from the oven and serve immediately.
Pro chef tip: Want to store it for later use? No worries at all. Place grilled tomatoes in a jar filled with olive oil and ensure the whole tomatoes are fully covered. Now you can add your favourite herbs and spices like garlic cloves and a bunch of chopped dill and cilantro. Finally, seal the jar and let it in the refrigerator. *Check below to find how to transfer sun-dried tomatoes to oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes.
- ½ cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts *optional (roasted would be even better)
- ¼ salt and freshly ground black pepper or to taste.
Green Pasta Salad Recipe
- Start with mixing ingredients for reconstituting our classic tahini sauce. Whisk the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, white vinegar, garlic, mustard, maple syrup, salt, and water in a small bowl. Toss to combine and let it rest for a while.
Side tip: Make a large quantity and store it in the fridge for up to a week for easy use during working days. However, if you want the greens to retain their crispiness, you may have to add the dressing at the final step just before serving.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and be ready with another pot of ice water. Add the broccoli and green beans to the boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes or continue to cook until the greens are soft and translucent but still bright green.
Side tip: Tender broccoli paired with pasta, green beans, and other herbs make this green pasta bowl of salad a perfect sidekick for Memorial Day or any family gatherings. The bonus point is that using our tahini sauce would elevate the dish to a new level. And you can serve it in many ways. For example, combine it with a grilled stick or a plate of seasoned mashed potatoes.
- Immediately, remove the boiled veggies from the ice water to prevent losing their bright green colours and make it not so soft. Leave it until it is completely cool, then drain and dry in the salad bowl.
Side tip: For summer barbeque or weekend dinners, serve it with gluten-free burger buns. Easy and cheap!
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, pour the pasta and cook for 10 minutes, or it’s better to follow the package instructions. When it becomes soft enough to bite, remove the pot, drain and run cold water over the pasta. And set it aside.
Fun fact: The last time I served this salad was at a dinner party, everyone wanted more, and I heard, “Wow, what is in this salad!”. It was a common murmuring around the table. Follow the specific details of the recipe, and you will get the same reaction.
- Now it’s time to play. Bring all ingredients to the table. Tip them into the large salad bowl; broccoli, green beans, dried tomatoes, basil, and end it with pasta. Lighten it up with our homemade pasta and combine to coat. Add an extra amount of salt and pepper grinds if you want
Side tip: You can drizzle the salad with extra lemon juice if desired to make it polished and sexy!
- Don’t forget to garnish your dish with toasted pine nuts to make it more vibrant.
How to make oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes?
After you have dried tomatoes in the oven for 3h, you have another mission to make them oil-packed. Be prepared with these ingredients:
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar; you might need another cup
- Sun-dried tomatoes, halved (these ingredients work for up to 40 cherry tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon olives, pitted and dried *optional (you can use oil-cured olives)
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and dried *optional (you can get slat-cured to get the optimal taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, marjoram, oregano, or basil (you can skip altogether
- 1 pinch red chilli pepper *optional
- 3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
Let’s make it:
- In a large pot, pour 2 cups of water and 2 cups of white vinegar and add dried tomatoes.
- Make sure that all tomatoes are covered with the liquid and if not, add 1 cup of each.
Side tip: The trick here is to balance the same quantity of water and vinegar
- Put the pot on low heat and wait 10 minutes until it boils.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir the tomatoes for 5 minutes to be tender.
- Now drain the tomatoes in a colander and let them rest for 10 minutes. Then spread the tomatoes over a linen towel, and with another towel, pat them gently to ensure that they have been rehydrated completely. The more they dry out, the longer they can last. So, get rid of any excess water as possible.
- Then put the tomatoes in a sealed jar and add other herbs’ layers over the tomatoes.
- Add an extra amount of olive oil to make all tomatoes submerged, and always keep the jar in the refrigerator.
Add this fantastic to any dish you want and enjoy!
- Burrata Salad
Salads turn out to be overrated, with many people trying to mix up something weird to make it more creative. But it doesn’t matter the look as long as it’s delicious. But what if you have all options in one dish, creative, bright look, colourful, and delicious. That’s what we’ve come up with after adding much stuff altogether and swirling through. Our burrata salad is creamy, fluffy, and perfect on hot days. It’s packed with peach, basil and light sauce. That’s why it’s the ultimate summer picnic food and a hearty showcase of the best season’s produce.
If you don’t mind using peach compote for this recipe, call for this salad at a party dish.
We top our dish with canned pecan to have a variety of textures but skip it if desired.
Important: However, almost all salad recipes mentioned before can double as a side or main dish; this one works for a plain only. And it’s more than enough for a quick snack during midday.
What You Need to Prepare Burrata Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pepper cayenne, ground
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup pecans, toasted (you just need to saute pecans for only 3 minutes and keep stirring and you can make it ahead of time and keep it in a dried place)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cleaned and destemmed
- 3 peaches, sliced
- 3 tablespoons burrata
- 1 medium lemon, sliced for garnishing
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint, chopped leaves
- 1 extra-virgen oliva oil
- ¼ salt or to taste
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
Burrata Salad Recipe
- Prepare the honey sauce by bringing a pot to a quick simmer after adding the honey. Then add cayenne and constantly stir to combine. Continue turning the mixture all over for at least 3 minutes till the honey start creating bubbles on the surface. Remove the pot and let it cool off.
Side tip: You can switch creamier burrata with its fresh cousin mozzarella, but you will miss many detachable things! The chees mellows beautifully with plump summer peaches making this dish above anything else you could taste one day.
- This step is optional if you’d like to saute pecans neatly. Bring a flat baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. And in another large pot, bring the honey sauce to a simmer and continue stirring until mainly getting melted. And now, add the pecans and stir gently until sugar coats all pecans. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and keep tossing. And now, remove the pot from the heat, spread the pecans over the parchment, and let it cool.
Side tip: You can change up to this complicated step if you want to have crunchy and well-flavoured pecans. Otherwise, just saute the pecans over low heat after adding 1 tablespoon of butter if you lack time.
- Bring all salad components in one dish to be ready to serve. I choose the classic bowl and then place basil and spread peaches around. Then add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. And take burrata to the centre.
Side tip: To take advantage of sweety and juicy peaches, be prepared to make this salad in July and August. Nothing compares to the taste of it.
- The last addition will be toasted pecans and a hot honey and oliva oil dress. Top your dish with fresh mint leaves.
Iceberg Lettuce Salad
Who can not love iceberg lettuce! It always has its pleasant effect on everything added to. And nothing can replace its place. Indeed, there’s nothing wrong with it. You can add it to the Greek salad, the Italian pasta salad, or even a classic green salad, especially if you purchase it during in-season veggies.
Sometimes, I eat it plainly when it has a mild flavour with a sweet taste. But I haven’t ever thought of making wedge salad with icebergs until after I had eaten it lastly in a fancy restaurant. Honestly, it coasted me more than it deserved. And don’t get me wrong! It satisfies all the time, but anyone can make it at home without paying a fortune.
When I came back, I assembled some ideas on making and serving this vibrant salad as a light supper or as a side dish. So I write down all ingredients, and here we go!
Bonus: I also have found an awing dressing that combines seamlessly with lettuce. Keep it up 😉
What You Need to Prepare Iceberg Lettuce Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 4 tablespoons blue chees, crumbled (any type can be okay
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup whole milk yoghurt (plain, not Greek)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise *(pick a high-quality one to get the finest result)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt and ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 small iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (you can use a combination of fresh and sundried. See! You will use dried cheery in many recipes!)
- 1 medium bunch of chives, cleaned and chopped *(scallion is excellent as well)
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, diced or crumbled
- 1 cup smoky breadcrumbs or croutons
To have smoky breadcrumbs, here is the way: you will need oliva oil, ½ cup panko (a type of breadcrumbs and less saturated), one teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon of each onion and garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. There is one step to make your desired breadcrumbs. Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil. Meanwhile, whisk panko with paprika, onion and garlic powder and salt. Transfer the seasoned panko to the skillet and stir during frying. For 2-3 minutes, continue tossing until they turn to be golden crunchy. Remove from the heat and set them aside.
Iceberg Lettuce Salad Recipe
- Transfer the blue cheese and vinegar to a medium bowl and mash them together using a fork. Continue the process till you get the desired paste and a creamy sauce. And then add yoghourt, mayonnaise, garlic and onion powder, and salt. Toss to combine, creating your fave dressing, and you can keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1 week.
Side tip: Use the yoghourt with no runny consistency; we need a creamy sauce.
- Bring the iceberg lettuce and remove the tough outer layers. Then cut it into 4 wedges for small heads. Otherwise, you can cut it into 6 pieces.
Side tip: You can serve it with salmon and shrimp for a perfect summer night meal.
- Bring the lettuce wedge to the plate. Sprinkle the dressing, dried tomatoes, chives, blue cheese and crumbles and top them with smoky breadcrumbs.
The only drawback of this salad is that you can not store it in the refrigerator and eat it later. It would be much better to eat it immediately.
Blue Cheese With Parsley Salad
Our precious time with our family would go fast. That’s why we should celebrate every moment with our beloved, and there is no better way to have fun with them than preparing a feast. Our blue cheese with parsley is an excellent way to show them your love.
But to be honest, I was one of the parsley haters. I wouldn’t find it a good addition to add to salads or whatever. However, many people told me I should give it a chance, but I didn’t listen. But it was a story from the past before making this green blessing.
As its name suggests, blue cheese salad is chocked with hearty greens surrounded by fragrant springs, then topped with toasted walnuts and a drizzle of a tangy lemon-mustard juice. This sweet and savoury combination is a stunner.
What You Need to Prepare Blue Cheese With Parsley Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 cup green springs *use baby leaves for a mild flavour and evenly slice them, and please don’t use any tough stalks.
- ½ large bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup quinoa *cooked or uncooked (To prepare, just boil the quinoa until it is soft.)
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium lemon, freshly squeezed *shiver the lemon to get the zest for more flavoured dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil *use oliva oil is good too
- ¼ cup walnuts, halved (toast it to maximize the flavour!)
Iceberg Lettuce Salad Recipe
- Turn the kettle on to a boil. Transfer the springs into a deep bowl. Pour the boiling water over the greens and cover the bowl with a tight lid. Leave the springs for 2 minutes at least until they soften.
Side tip: You can purchase your desired blue cheese, but for us, Cornish Blue is always the best, especially when combined with different veggies.
- Drain the springs well. In a flat dish, line kitchen paper and place the greens to rest. Make sure the herbs aren’t tucked in between each other. Instead, help the paper absorb any remaining water by spreading them out often. And leave them for 2 minutes.
Side tip: You can use kale or chard in the place of parsley. Keep in mind that any greens are just what you need to create this goodness.
- Bring the salad dish and mix parsley, quinoa, and red onions. Then add boiled greens and spread crumbled blue cheese. Stir gently with your hands to combine all ingredients.
Side tip: If you’re in the mood for a fun summer dinner, serve this salad with pasta or grilled beef.
- In a glass jug, place dressing ingredients, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and rapeseed oil and stir to combine. Dress your salad with this glorious sauce and toss to combine.
Before serving, spread toasted walnuts if desired and immediately bring them to the table.
What is better than fresh greens drizzled with a tangy vinaigrette? If I had to choose a single dish that answers the question, “what is the best Mediterranean salad?” it would be tabbouleh.
It’s one of the local salad recipes in Lebanon, and they take pride in including it at any launch or dinner party. Yet, we found out that it can be devoured plain, not just as a side dish.
This recipe is loaded with herbs and greens whisked together with a zippy lemon dressing. You don’t need to do so much when preparing this incredible recipe. Just tip all ingredients at the button of a big bowl and use any leftovers of herbs in your refrigerator. Bay leaf or thyme is okay. Parsley with fresh mint can be a fantastic addition as well. Now toss all you have to combine, creating a heavenly, tangy, yet crunchy, and fresh summer combo.
However, the traditional tabbouleh is made from bulgur; we use cauliflower rice which is super nutritious compared with other standards and for the sake of a free-gluten diet.
What You Need to Prepare Lebanese Tabbouleh: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (you can bring it readymade from the grocery, or you can bring ½ medium head of cauliflower and make it on your own. Scroll down to find the way)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (feel free to use other tomatoes but make sure to slice them into small dices to combine beautifully with other ingredients)
- ½ cucumber, finely sliced
- 4 small scallions – green onions, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups thoroughly chopped parsley (you will need 2 medium bunches
- ¼ cup fresh mint (just puckle out the leaves or chop it roughly)
- 2 lemons (we will need its zest and juice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Slat to taste
How to cut cauliflower to create rice?
Cut the cauliflower lengthwise and set aside the other half. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks without getting rotten. Now place the remaining half on a chopping board and remove all stiff green leaves. Next, cut off the flowers and slice each part into small daily pieces that can fit through an immersion blender. And that’s it. Set aside, and let’s continue our preparation.
Lebanese Tabbouleh Recipe
- No dressing, no specific steps; just add all salad ingredients to a large bowl, pour the oil and lemon juice and zest over the veggies. Toss them to combine. And yes it’s ready 🙂
- Roasted Chickpea Salad
Roasted chickpea socked with hummus dressing is a keeper! That’s when you know a salad recipe will do its job to lighten up your meal. We use up some leftovers in a clever way to form this Mediterranean dish packed with crunchy vegetables and creamy sauce. Of course, you are keen to keep this salad as healthy as possible, so we distance ourselves from caned ready chickpea and bring fresh raw 15 oz. Chickpea, boil it to tender for 20 minutes and top our dish with this humble legume. The most important thing is that our roasted chickpea is cheap with nutrient components that will help you feel full immediately.
However, honestly, this recipe should be prepared ahead of time to make the most of hummus sauce, and it could take some time till the chickpea is roasted evenly.
Bring some surplus pita bread to make your salad day more enjoyable if you serve it as a main dish.
What You Need to Prepare Roasted Chickpea Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 tablespoon mashed chickpeas (hummus… check the recipe to find out how to make the best hummus paste)
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce (bring it from any the Mediterranean or Turkish market)
- 1 half lemon, squeezed to get fresh juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (standard paprika is excellent as well)
- ¼ teaspoon coriander (fresh is much better than dried)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lettuce (cut the heart into wedges)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced rings
- 2 red pepper, sliced lengthwise and roasted (just saute them for 2 minutes in a small skillet over medium-high heat after adding one teaspoon of olive oil)
- ¼ cup feta chees, crumbled or small cubes
Roasted Chickpea Salad Recipe
- How to make creamy and zesty hummus? There is no secret about it. You just need an extra chickpea can, and don’t get rid of the reserved liquid. Add the chickpeas after drained and rinsed to the food processor, pour 5 tablespoons of the liquid, 2 tablespoons of tahini sauce, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, and 5 tablespoons of freshly produced tablespoons squeezed lemon juice, 1 roughly minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon paprika, and salt to taste. Pulse them in the processor till combining and getting juicy dip. Then transfer the mixture to a bowl and sprinkle olive oil on the top.
Side tip: If you use it as a dip with falafel or shawarma, you may garnish your dish with reserved chickpeas, paprika, and some roasted sesame seeds.
- Back to the main salad steps. So, you need to preheat the oven before placing the chickpeas sheet.
Side tip: Serve this salad alone or with, for example, grilled chicken or kofta party (grilled ground meat).
- Start with a kitchen pepper base on a baking sheet and spread drained chickpeas evenly to dry entirely.
Side tip: Don’t worry about any leftovers. You can recombine chickpeas in other green salads to boost the crunch and crisp texture. Also, they can last in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Season chickpeas before roasting with olive oil, cumin, paprika, coriander, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. And toss well to coat.
Side tip: The total fat in this recipe wouldn’t exceed 24.9g. If it’s not perfect for your diet, get tahini sauce out of this recipe. But don’t expect a creamy texture.
- Replace the kitchen towel with parchment paper on the baking pan, scatter the chickpeas, and make sure they form one layer.
Side tip: You will need to preheat the oven for 20 minutes before placing the pan inside.
- Bake the chickpeas for at least 25 minutes till golden brown. Turn them over on each side to ensure that they are evenly roasted. Take the pan out of the oven and set them aside to cool off.
Side tip: It would be better to bake the chickpeas ahead to save time when preparing our roasted salad. If so, you can enjoy a light and refreshing recipe that comes together in literally 5 minutes.
- It’s a playtime (kidding! I just like a dressing step for no reason! I feel cheered when I whip stuff up to make it spicy and yummy): mix hummus, tahini, lemon juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine all ingredients thoroughly, drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil, and continue mixing. Adjust seasoning if needed.
Side tip: You can use lemon vinaigrette instead of hummus sauce, but you would break the rules of making the Mediterranean dressing.
- On a chopping board, slice the lettuce heart into wedges (depending on its size, cut it lengthwise or maybe less.) Bring cuts of lettuce on a flat plate.
Side tip: Romaine lettuce is the king of all, especially if you prepare this recipe in summer and make the most of ripened veggies. However, iceberg lettuce can be perfect if you cut it well into halves.
- Spread equal amounts of chopped veggies from cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, and roasted red pepper over each lettuce part. Garnish lettuce with roasted chickpeas followed by hummus sauce. And finally, end your dish with a handful of crumbled feta cheese.
And here we go!
Amazing Broccoli Salad
It’s refreshing, delicious, and super easy to make. Toss several veggies in a large bowl, combine, transfer it to sealed containers, and go out to enjoy the sunlight on a picnic day. Your kids will be obsessed with this dish and ask you to make it all the time, thanks to our beautiful slaw dressing. No worries, I will give you the full recipe to craft this sweet dressing! The only trick is to slice broccoli finely and get to get matchsticks. No worries; again, you will handle this challenge using the best way to cut broccoli stalks and get the most of this rich vegetable. And most importantly, we will revamp the dish with broccoli florets to get the most crunchy, creamy, colourful recipe you have ever made. Undeniably, it’s a delicious and less-known slaw salad.
What You Need to Prepare Amazing Broccoli Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (we encourage you to make homemade vegan may if you prefer… Scroll down to find the recipe)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds ( caraway seeds are a suitable replacement in this case)
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups broccoli stems, chopped or shredded matchsticks
- 2 cups broccoli florets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ cup almonds, toasted and halved (bake in the oven or over medium heat after seasoning it with olive oil)
- ½ cup cranberries, dried to garnish *optional, or you can use any dried fruits like strawberries or bananas
Amazing Broccoli Salad Recipe
- How to make vegan mayo? Put reserved liquid of chickpea can, 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard, sugar, and salt in the blender and give it a delicate pulse to combine. And drizzle ¼ cup of sunflower oil gradually and continue stirring. You can use this vegan whatever you want.
Side tip: I always use this special mayo in the pasta salad when I invite my vegetarian friends, and they admire the taste. It’s innovative!
- To prepare the dressing, combine mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, celery seeds, salt, and a handful of grinds of fresh black pepper. Whish together and set aside.
Side tip: If you want to julienne the carrots perfectly, place the correct ones on the chopping board. A large one is required to cut into two stakes. Move the peeler down the carrot to trim the tough layer. Continue peeling the carrots to get shreds and so thin matchsticks. Finally, cut it into small parts. This process effectively gets rid of the tough texture in the broccoli slaw salad.
- Tip broccoli stems and florets, carrots, cabbage, onions, almonds, and cranberries in a salad dish.
Side tip: Serve this delicious side dish with protein on summer nights. I love making it when grilling chicken breasts.
- Dress the broccoli salad with the easy homemade sauce. Top it with extra baked almonds if desired.
Summer Corn Salad
Here’s our crowd-pleasing corn salad. This time we grill the corn to make it a typical summer recipe. There’s no need for a dressing because the staple ingredients are tangy, savoury, well-balanced, and herby. You can call it “poor man’s salad”, and don’t get me wrong! It’s just because the items are inexpensive and available anywhere. However, we will add our unique spin to transfer the whole thing into authentic grace.
We love to top this dish with crunchy tortillas. It’s a guaranteed way to treat yourself after a busy day. It’s a cheap snack and can last for a month if you keep it away in an airtight container. Just dip tortillas chips in any sauce you have, and it’s more than enough to satisfy you while watching your favourite Netflix series. Don’t you have the energy or time to host a potluck with your neighbours? Prepare this grilled corn salad and scatter some seasoned tortillas chips. It’s always a life-saver!
What You Need to Prepare Summer Corn Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 4 corn cobs
- ¼ cup of any desired nuts, toasted (walnuts, almonds, pecans or pistachios)
- ½ cup fresh herbs, chopped (a mix of basil, cilantro, and parsley)
- ¼ cup pickled onions (scroll down to see how to make incredible tangy homemade salty onions— pickles)
- ¼ cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon (½ lemon is enough)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- ¼ salt or to taste
- Handful grinds of black pepper (use the ground instead)
Summer Corn Salad Recipe
- How to prepare pickled onions? In a large sealed jar, place onions. Then heat a skillet and add 1 ¼ cup of vinegar, ½ cup of water, 3 tablespoons white sugar, and 1 tablespoon salt. Stir till the salt and sugar disappear, then residue to a strong simmer. Spread a pinch of red pepper flakes and remove the skillet from the heat. Pour the tangy mixture over the onions. Let it cool for 30 minutes. Then cover the jar and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before using it. Once you add it to any salads or burger sandwiches, I bet you will never bring readymade pickled onions again.
Side tip: Pickled onions can last for up to one month, and every time you include them in your recipe, it will surprise you with a fantastic savoury taste.
- How to make crunchy tortilla chips? Make use of any free time to make batches of tortillas to tuck them atop any salads. Simply preheat the oven to 350°. Cut tortillas into small-sized cubes and lay them on a baking sheet. Remember that we need all of them arranged in one single layer. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over each chip after rubbing it with an oiled brush. Cook it for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Side tip: Save time while baking tortillas and place the sheet inside a heated oven before placing the chips to get it well-cooked faster.
- Hold grilled corn vertically and use a knife to remove kernels upside-down. And place them into a large bowl.
Side tip: Place a sheet of corn cobs in a preheated oven. Grill it for 20 mintues till turning to golden brown with black marks. And, of course, you know the difference between black marks and charred food.
- Use the back of the spoon’s bottom to crush the nut.
Side tip: If you have any unique tool to mash nuts, don’t forget to let us know in the comments.
- Add crushed nuts, herbs, pickled onions, lemon juice, parmesan shreds, and oliva oil in the same grilled corn bowl. Then, spread a pinch of salt and pepper and combine to coat. Taste and adjust extra lemon juice or salt if needed.
Cherry Tomatoes Salad
Do you think you can rely on cherry tomatoes as the recipe’s base? Mmm… I’m not sure. Honestly, me neither. I never trust cherry tomatoes enough to set up a whole salad based on it. It always comes as a juicy addition to make your salad colourful. If you have it, well, it’d be perfect! — if not, never mind. That’s before I stumbled upon this game-changing salad. It sounds heavy. But it’s also hearty, fresh, healthy, and colourful. Use a summer herb garden to make the most of this combination. Then we call for fresh and dried cheery tomatoes lightly muddled in a tangy marinade. And never substitute couscous with anything else. It’s a pretty choice if you’ve got rid of pasta salads. Couscous will glitter your salad, giving it a pleasant look and taste. However, you should know it’s loaded with carbs, so keep it to a minimum level to enjoy it without issues.
What You Need to Prepare Cherry Tomatoes Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes (roast just two cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried couscous, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (you’d need extra for garnishing)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves, destemmed
- 1 ½ cup roasted chickpeas *(Season chickpeas with paprika and salt before roasting. You can roast them for 10 minutes over medium-high heat or 20 minutes in the oven. No time! Okay, use canned chickpeas directly to the salad bowl)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, thin cuts
- ¼ cup feta chees, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cherry Tomatoes Salad Recipe
- Roast the 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes first by following these easy tips: preheat the oven to 300°F. Place a baking sheet inside with a parchment paper and leave it preheating for 15 minutes. You’ll then want to take it out and distribute the half tomatoes over it, taking care not to burn yourself. Drizzle cheery with olive oil, then adds a pinch of salt, black pepper and thyme if using. Cook the tomatoes for 2 or 3 hours until wrinkling, and the time would change depending on the tomatoes’ size and how much water they contain.
Side tip: Please don’t turn your oven too high not to burn tomatoes instead of shrivelling. Since it will take time to wilt down cherry, do this step ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. Keep them for days without worrying about rotting.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add couscous to cook for 9 minutes, or follow the package instructions. Drain and rise after getting it al dente. Set the couscous asid.
Side tip: It’s an excellent meal for a fast lunch, and if you’d like, you can add a little additional lemon juice for aromatic.
- In a large serving dish, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, a pinch of salt and a handful of grinds of fresh black pepper—taste to adjust the seasonings. Then add cooked couscous and toss to combine. Combine the raw halved cherries with roasted tomatoes, chickpeas, basil, and cucumber. Top the dish with diced feta. To add a surprising sweet twist, put the remaining fresh herbs and give them an extra sprinkle of olive oil.
Toss it all together and serve it cold.
Easy & Cheap Pesto Salad
While I travelled to Italy, I saw entire shops dedicated to serving this delicious salad. This creamy, easy pesto salad is the answer to your weekend night owes. You don’t need to do so much. However, if you decided to order this, it’d cost you a bunch of pounds.
I found out that making it myself would save me more than half the cost. It’s already delicious, colourful, and appealing to everyone. Even though It’s a traditional recipe, using the right cheese will make it perfect for a picnic day or cookouts. Simply said, it’s the best. I love to make it in summer or winter. It can be served semi-hot or completely cold. Bring a large salad bowl, throw the cooked fusilli or pen pasta, and give it a surprising taste with grated parmesan or any cheese leftovers in your refrigerator. Prepare it for your next family late dinner to add a zingy to your table.
Let’s see what’s waiting for you!
What You Need to Prepare Easy & Cheap Pesto Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 package of any short pasta (I always like making it using fusilli)
- ¼ pine nuts (replace it with any nuts you have)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan, shredded (you’d need more for garnishing)
- ¼ cup extra olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (a half lemon will give you the desired amount of juice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ cup ripe grapes, or cherry tomatoes— or both
Easy & Cheap Pesto Salad Recipe
- Place a large pot of water on medium-high heat. Spread a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil. Then add pasta. Cook for 10 minutes or until al dente, then check it from time to time and once it becomes soft, drain and rinse under running cold water and then drain again. Set it aside. And don’t forget to keep a cup of pasta water as we will use it later.
Side tip: Try to use high-quality olive oil to make or break the whole recipe since we will use it a lot here.
- Cook pine nuts over medium-high heat for 8-9 minutes until golden brown in a small pan. Add garlic and give it a gentle stir for another 1 minute. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool. And be careful not to make nuts begin to stick and brown too much on the bottom. We need roasted seasoned pine nuts.
Side tip: Pair this bowl of salad with other previous summer salads like strawberry or watermelon feta salad if you want to make an idyllic party night. And remember that nutrient varsity comes with colourful items in the same batch.
- Bring the food processor, and place the seasoned nuts, basil, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Turm the processor until you get out a smooth texture. Now add the pasta water gradually until you get the preferred consistency.
Side tip: You don’t need to use all water if you already get the desired texture. Just pour it with a measuring spoon to control the amount.
- Add the mixture and tomatoes to the pasta. Combine to coat.
Add a pat of grated parmesan and pour olive oil and enjoy 🙂
Arugula & Apple Salad
While green may form the base of your salad, making your salad colour variety will guarantee you a wholesome dish. We have reconsidered how to use fruits in not fruit salad. And every time, apples win the competition, which provides us millions of ideas to include in salad recipes. Arugula and apple salad is a filling lunch or dinner, and it could be versatile too. After a suggestion we see online, we add goat cheese, and it blows our minds. It’s worth going out to the nearest grocery to pick up a small goat cheese package. After that, you will have a restaurant-quality salad with just a few ingredients and 10 minutes (maybe less depending on your slicing qualification). And to customize this recipe and make it hold your cooking talent, use our orange dressing! (yeah, it seems somewhat weird, but it turns your fruits-green packed deli-style salad into a piece of heaven!
What You Need to Prepare Arugula & Apple Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 zest orange (use a peeler to speed up the process)
- 1 lemon, squeezed to get its juice
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (black pepper grinds are more than perfect)
- 1 ripe apple, diced (Macon or Gala apples are always better)
- 1 shallot, peeled and cut into thin rings (don’t substitute it with standard red onions. Shallot has a pleasant sweet flavour mellowing perfectly with fruits)
- 5 cups baby arugula (we don’t use standard arugula when we use it in large batches like 5 cups)
- ¼ cup pecans (toasted is much preferable to boost the flavour)
- 1 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled (Co-op is perfect, smooth and mild)
Easy & Cheap Pesto Salad Recipe
- Peel the orange to get the zest, then add to the orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, honey, grinds of black pepper, and salt. Then mix all ingredients manually, add the olive oil gradually— 1 teaspoon at a time and continue whisking until getting a desired saucy texture.
Pro chef step: You can use a Microplane to shave the organ. Just place the orange on a flat surface and pull the orange down and repeat the process on each side. And don’t forget that the white layer-pith- has a bitter taste. So, once you see it, move to the next side.
- In a large serving dish, start with the baby arugula and place the thin pieces of apple and shallot. Top them with pecans and crumbles of goat cheese.
Side tip: Glaze the pecans will take time, so prepare beforehand or use it raw after slicing into halves.
- Pour the orange dressing over the ingredients: toss to combine and coat. Finally, give it a pinch of salt and stir gently again.
This take-on easy arugula is a super nutrient if you want something to boost your skin and hair’s health.
Leftover Turkey & Peanuts Salad
You will not have to eat chewy turkey anymore after leaving it for days in the refrigerator, and plea everyone in the home to have a hand on it. Frankly, they can be eaten after all this long time, but it doesn’t make sense to throw them in the trash.
This salad comes as the perfect method to reprocess any remaining meat. We can not call this salad a classic one. Not just because of using peanuts in a salad but because it’s the most colourful healthy combination you could ever see, featuring reformulating the turkey leftover after adding some homemade secrets and a generous amount of hearty greens and creating a simple, juicy dressing. Combine all and bring it to your table immediately. Or before serving, top this with grated parmesan if desired.
And give more attention to the recipe to bring the exact salad to kill any bad reputation about your dish like Turkey-abandoned. It’s a new thing; stick to this scenario if you have kids.
What You Need to Prepare Leftover Turkey & Peanuts Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- ⅓ cup edamame beans (I know most of us often overlook it while picking up our grocery stuff. But it’s worth a try. Decides plenty of vitamins, it’s rich in protein and fibre, boosting any diet)
- 2 medium limns (Zest and juice will be used)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, light version
- ¼ medium red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- Any leftover turkey or chicken, grated
- 1 small bunch of coriander (mint is a good replacement or both)
- 1 ripe and hard clementine, peeled and cut into rounds
- ¼ cup peanuts, toasted and roughly sliced
Leftover Turkey & Peanuts Salad Recipe
- Place a pot of salted water over the stove. Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Pour the edamame and cook for 3 minutes with a laid jar on top until the beans are tender and easily pierced with a fork. Remove the pot from the heat, drain and rinse under cold water, drain again, and put it aside.
Side tip: Prepare this recipe in summer for cookouts or make it a side dish with warm soup.
- Prepare the creamy dressing by adding lemon juice and zest, soy sauce, honey and salt and whisk them for a while to have the desired texture.
Side tip: Be ready to add a splash of water to thin the dressing if needed.
- In a large bowl, add cooked edamame, pepper slices, parmesan shreds, and shredded turkey and stir everything together to cover with all seasonings.
Side tip: This salad is always better to serve it immediately. Remember, turkey has stored enough. So, let’s get to it, shall we?
- Transfer the salad to the serving dish, sprinkle coriander and clementine, and whisk them gently not to crumble soothing ingredients. And before serving, shine your dish with toasted peanut.
Let me introduce you to the most classic local Mexican dish: Taco salad. It’s a cultural phenomenon. Yes, a taco can be a salad, and it’s inspiring, just like a taco tortilla. I have ordered it once at a restaurant, and then when googling it, I found it’s easy to make at home and cheaper, of course. So then I gave it a try, and it was exquisite. I chose different ways and ingredients to make the best of it, and here you can find the best recipe ever. And it’s a meal in itself, so there is no need to think of other side dishes to include on the table. I don’t use any dressing in this recipe, but you can rely on some staple items in your pantry to have a tangy sauce or loosen it with one spoon of honey added to ½ cup of water. So join us if you are excited enough to bring this salad to life.
What You Need to Prepare Mexican Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- ⅓ tablespoon white pepper *optional
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika (use standard paprika in its place if you haven’t)
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- ¼ tablespoon salt or to taste
- ¼ tablespoon black pepper
- A pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne for garnishing
- 1 pound of ground beef (ground chicken can be used, too)
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce, roughly sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved for small and cut for big
- 1 cup black beans (red beans work here as well)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ cup cheese, shredded (use parmesan for the best result)
- ½ cup of salsa (look at the recipe to know how to make a crazy homemade salsa)
- ¼ cup red onions, rounded
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon
Mexican Salad Recipe
- How to make salsa? Prepare these ingredients to make the best salsa mixture: 2 garlic cloves, ½ all-purpose onion, and 1 red jalapeno pepper ( remove seeds and chop roughly and also note that it will be hot, so you can reduce the amount to reduce the spicy flavour if you’re not comfortable with that), ½ cup of dried- fire-roasted tomatoes (use canned after drained, ¼ cup green chillies, ½ bunch of fresh cilantro (washed and roughly chopped) 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Bring a food processor and add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, and pulse to get a smooth mixture. Then place tomatoes, green chillies, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and give it a pulse. Continue processing the combination till well-blending. Taste and adjust different seasonings if needed. Pulse the ingredients again and set the sauce aside.
Side tip: It can last for 7 days if you keep it in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Make dressing to season the beef. In a small bowl, whisk all spices and herbs together and let it rest for a while.
Side tip: Make a batch of this taco dressing to add to any Mexican food. And I bet you that you don’t have to buy this overly priced readymade sauce once you try it.
- Place a pan over high-medium heat and add the ground meat. Stir and break the beef using a spatula. Reduce the heat a little bit and cook it for 8 minutes or until brown. Get rid of running fats.
Side tip: If you’re willing to invite your friends or have a great summer weekend night, you can serve it in an open-buffet style, and everyone has a hand on whatever you want.
- Add the taco dressing to the beef and break it again into small pieces for another 2 minutes.
Side tip: You can prep salsa, taco, and beef ahead of time and keep them in separate containers. And the rest items can be ready in less than 10 minutes. Chop and toss.
- In a large bowl, tip the chopped lettuce, cooked beef, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, and red onions. End the dish with shredded cheese.
Side tip: This salad is perfect if you’re looking for keto recipes. You can just remove tortilla chips from the dish.
- Sprinkle the salad with salsa and sour cream created from lemon juice and peanut butter if desired. And garnish the dish with cilantro or mint leaves.
Quick, easy, and unbeatable.
It’s always a good idea to create this goodness for a reason or not. It can liven up your table as a side dish or for lunch on the go. This recipe is not like every classic coleslaw. We try to make it as vibrant as it can be. Packed with fresh vegetables and herbs and then tossed in a fancy dressing, this recipe should be on your list before going out to a BBQ gathering. It’s a great way to mix raw vegetables and have them still taste fresh and crunchy. When you make your coleslaw, you control the amount of dressing and the amount of crunch to customize the flavour to your liking. That makes it easy to make coleslaw that tastes great but doesn’t weigh you down with calories and fat. Pair your dish with meat, or take a spoonful while enjoying your movie or even work. It’s light, refreshing and perfect.
What You Need to Prepare Basic Coleslaw: (Ingredients and more)
- 3 cups green cabbage, finely shredded (please make sure to get rid of sturdy parts before chopping in the serving dish)
- 2 cups red or purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds (caraway seeds can be in ints place if you have any in your pantry)
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
Basic Coleslaw Recipe
- Tip green cabbage, purple cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
Important: it would be better to eat this salad fresh or store it for 2 days at max, and here is why: the vinegar will turn veggies to be wilted, and the tangy vinaigrette will lose its saucy texture. So serve it on the day or a day after it’s prepared.
- To make the coleslaw dressing, place the mayonnaise, white and apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine. Then pour over the ingredients and toss to make well-coated
Side tip: Rustle up this salad for summer plans to spend a day on a beach or go to an open park with your kids. Undoubtedly, it’s a must-have.
- Serve it immediately with pizza or some fried wings.
Side tip: If you have time, you can leave it to rest for just 2 hours in the fridge to help the veggies take the aroma of spices.
I love veggies! Yes, it’s obvious to everyone. All the time, I try hard to find new ways to create bright salad recipes. Everything can make a different salad on its own. But the challenge is how to adjust the magnificent dressing to make the best of the produce. Sometimes you need to shake the jar for a while to make things combine together. Other times, you need to leave the recipe to rest in the fridge and come back after 2 hours to serve. The thing is to free up your creativity and mix things up till you have the desired taste. Now that radish is in season; we’ll investigate its culinary potential. Radish is one of the most underrated veggies, and you can get most of its brilliant colour to have a refreshing, vibrant bowl of salad packed with nutritional components.
And most importantly, it’s easy only if you have prepared ingredients ahead of time. Often, we don’t depend on it as a star of the dish— it always comes as a second or maybe third. This time we try to give it the attention it deserves.
What You Need to Prepare Radish Salad: (Ingredients and more)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried or fresh
- 1 ½ cups navy beans (you can buy a can of beans, but we prefer to bring it raw and cook it for a healthier option)
- 2 cups red radish
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon caper (if it was hard to find caper, green olives could be a good replacement here, but if you want the closest flavour to capers, go for the thinnest varieties.)
- ¼ cup pesto (bring a readymade jar, or you can use our recipe if you have time. Also, preparing green radish pesto is an option if desired)
- ¼ cup fresh mint, only leaves— roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, shaved and shredded (pecorino is one of the best cheeses to take parmesan’s place)
- Lemon juice *to shine your dish before serving
- ¼ salt and freshly ground black pepper or to taste
Radish Salad Recipe
- How to make homemade pesto? What you’d like about this recipe is that you can unleash your creativity to use up things and replace them with other things depending on your preference. But here is the staple components you need:
½ cup pine nuts (seasoned and toasted before using)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 small minced garlic clove
¼ teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 cups fresh leaves of basil
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (be ready with an additional amount to thin the consistency if needed)
¼ cup shredded parmesan.
Bring the food processor and place pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend them until finely chopped. Now, add basil and pulse again until well-combined. Pause the processor and drizzle the olive oil, and pulse again. Pour the grated parmesan and turn on the processor till smoothing. Set it aside.
Side tip: You can replace the basil with a mixture of heaty greens, including parsley, mint, spinach, and cilantro. Use them all or pick what you like most.
- Rinse the beans well to get rid of any grats. In a large pot, place the beans and cover them with 3 inches of water. And remove any floating beans. That means they are not good enough to cook. Leave the beans in the water for at least 8 hours.
Side tip: You have to soak the beans overnight. So, start with this as early as possible, or you might think of canned beans.
- In a large pot, place the beans and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and uncover the pot for 30 minutes. And keep your eyes on it to eliminate any foam appealing on the surface. Don’t forget to add 2 teaspoons of salt in this step and any aromatic herbs like basil or smoked paprika. Continue cooking for about 2 hours or till they are tender, and check with a paring knife. Check it occasionally.
Side tip: The time will vary depending on the size and how fresh the beans are. I usually check them every 20 minutes. Once beans seem dry, add extra water and soak them all again.
- Your beans are finally soft. Drain and rinse and skim any floating herbs. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss with a spatula to coat.
Side tip: Beans can be stored in your fridge for up to 5 days. Or keep them in an airtight container for months in the freeze.
- Now let’s prepare our tangy dressing—Tip minced garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and honey. Whisk them together. Pour the olive oil and continue mixing till you get the desired texture. Taste and adjust the best flavour for you. And transfer them to a sealed jar.
Side tip: If the emulsified sauce is sour, drizzle extra olive oil.
- Add the thyme. Seal the jar and shake for a while to let the ingredients infused together.
Side tip: You can use it immediately or, better, let it for 3 hours at least in the fridge to let the flavour intensify. It can last for up to 1 week. And if you find the vinaigrette becomes so thick, leave it for a couple of minutes a room temperature. And shake the jar again before using.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Lay the slices of radishes on the baking sheet after lining the parchment paper: drizzle olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the white part of the radishes upside down. Place the sheet in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Check them before turning off the heat to make sure that they are soft enough to bite. If not, bake them for longer.
Side tip: Here is the surprise: radish greens are as delicious as radish. If you find a bunch of radish tops, wash them well and eat them. Or you can chop them roughly and garnish any green salad.
- Take radishes out of the oven. Season with lemon juice and set them aside.
Side tip: Don’t roast the radish for more than 15 minutes to have a variety of textures, and it mellows beautifully with our dressing.
- Remember the cooked beans we have prepared ahead. Place them in a large bowl and pour two teaspoons of our lemon dressing. Toss to coat.
Side tip: You’re welcome to try new greens in our radish. Use red beans in the place of white ones, if desired or even French lentils. Or spread some crumbled feta cheese. It’s all yours. Let your family show your excellence.
- Add roasted radishes, raw radishes, and pine nuts to the beans bowl. Delight your salad with the pesto. Mix them to make sure that every component has its share of the nice vinaigrette and pesto. Adjust the taste with extra salt if needed.
I love having my hand on the radish salad without whipping up any side dishes.
Everyone told me making a salad was the most tedious thing they had ever done. As if the world has a shortage of salad recipes. But what do you think now! What do you think of our salads? Are they bored? Or we may need to rethink how we include vegetables, fruits, and herbs into flashes of a goddess!
Please share your favourite recipe with me.